Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 March 2013
This is simply the best instruction book on the golf swing.
Very little chit chat. Great improvement in ten days.
If you follow the instructions, do the exercises, practice
at the range. re-read the instructions, practice some
more,you will start to amaze yourself.
The piece on shoulder abduction is very useful,as
it not only adds power but allows the head to
remain relatively still.My distance and accuracy
have both improved. It also has improved my chipping
and pitching,
For the first time I have started to feel in control.
For the first time I look like a golfer.
For the first time I feel that my power is not being wasted.
And my timing comes automatically.

There are a few bits that could be clearer: How to start
the release at the start of the downswing and tromboning.
However if you read,reread and practice you will make rapid progress.

I have read over 40 books on the swing and this is the most
usable and complete by far.

The dvd is not readily available in the uk. Though clips
on you tube featuring Mike Austin and Dan are very useful.

Simply the best. Many thanks to Dan and the others, Ox
on 6 October 2014
Excellent book. You need the did for a better explanation of some sections though.
on 12 September 2014
Anyone wanting to swing the club the way Mike Austin taught needs this book. As a golf instruction book in its own right it is very well constructed, easy to follow and well illustrated.
on 26 May 2012
This book is clearly brand new (not just in good condition, as some auction sites supply!) Well packaged, speedily sent, what more can one say?!
on 13 June 2015
Magic for the long ball. Kane
on 22 October 2015
I think there is a lot to be said for the Mike Austin swing as his record speaks for itself. This is a very comprehensive analysis of the swing and how to replicate it. Unfortunately , I'm not sure I've got the mind or patience to work my way all through the detailed explanations and apply them. if you are a fan of in depth swing analysis then this is the book for you. I'm still trying to apply some aspects of the Mike Austin swing so will use this book more as a point of reference.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse