5.0 out of 5 stars Reiki The Ultimate Guide Vols. 1, 2 & 3--The Essentials!
Published on 24 Aug 2006 by Kathleen Sears Hamilton

Published on 9 May 2010 by L.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont get sucked in by its advertising, Save your money there's better out there, 9 May 2010
This review is from: Reiki The Ultimate Guide - Learn Sacred Symbols and Attunements plus Reiki Secrets You Should Know (Paperback)
This was the very first book I bought on Reiki a few years back before doing my training, and the book is STILL of no use whatsoever. If you're starting out and would like to find out more about Reiki, I seriously would not bother with this book. It's claims on the cover cleverly suck the potential buyer in, (muach like those attunement videos the author has done) and sadly a lot of people seem to have read it and fallen for it. It's information is watered down and superficial.

The ULTIMATE guide is the most misleading title this book could have had. There are absolutaly NO 'secrets' in the book about reiki. There is very little actual information in it considering its shocking RRP. There is little text in it, most of the book is filled with repetative photographs of how to attune someone else to Reiki energy. If you haven't been attuned to master level already, then this information is pretty unnecessary, and if you have already been attuned to master level, then surely you would be better off sticking to how you were trained, rather than follwing pictures out of a book? It has a little info and pictures of the symbols - you can find that in plenty of other books with much more extensive explanations.

You can't get a feel for any of the three degrees, the sections are short before moving on to something else.

Back when I bought the book I was in two minds about getting it, and I was swayed by the great reviews, and regretted it. I really wanted the book to be worthwhile, but it wasn't. I was left not knowing much more than before and went out and bought more books which contained 100 times the information that you get out of this. Sadly most people havn't seen through the book and how little they can actually get out of it.

Buy something else, and if you stil want this book, then choose a time when you can afford to waste a bit of money. I'm sure the author must be making a fortune.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reiki The Ultimate Guide Vols. 1, 2 & 3--The Essentials!, 24 Aug 2006
Kathleen Sears Hamilton (Chicago Park, Ca. USA) - See all my reviews
After reading stacks of Reiki books and receiving 1st and 2nd degree Reiki from a nearby Reiki Master, I traveled 200 miles to my favorite Bay Area bookstore and while browsing picked up Reiki The Ultimate Guide by Steve Murray and immediately saw that the mystery of my attunements was revealed. All 3 of S. Murray's Ultimate Guides are now my only reference books because they teach and affirm my Trust in Reiki simply and clearly. I can visualize and remember each attunement and application. Wow.

The next learning joy was Reiki The Ultimate Guide Vol. 2 and learning to work with Chakras and then I couldn't wait for Reiki The Ultimate Guide Vol. 3 to be published and the beauty of these books is that that they cover so many levels of the healing we want. Now when I travel I only take these 3 books, ever.

Last December a friend and Reiki Master ordered the video, REIKI MASTER ATTUNEMENT Become A Reiki Master and being busy suggested I take it home and look at it. I saw the title but somehow didn't realize what it was. I'd received my 1st and 2nd degrees from a master in town but I took the video home anyway and sat quietly, following the instructions and upon completion felt this amazing powerful - electrifying energy and it was Then that I realized I'd received the Master Attunement. Later that day I gave my sister Reiki and she noticed the increase in the healing energy instantly. I had no expectation when I sat down with this video - what a wonderful surprise! It's my desire for everyone to have Reiki and I appreciate that these teachings are clear, direct and simple. The teaching in these 3 books are like having my entire Reiki library simplified!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful Book!, 10 Oct 2006
Steve Murray's commitment to making Reiki training easily available to everyone is a blessing! I have copies of several of his books, including this one, as well as the Reiki Master Attunement DVD. Having experience as a Level 2 Reiki practitioner prior to obtaining Steve's material, I was amazed to find much of what I struggled with and wondered about, explained in his easy to understand books with great photos! I already had other Reiki books, but Steve's are much more helpful. Don't let any critics tell you that Steve can't teach Reiki through books and DVDs. Energy has no limits. Upon completing my Reiki Master Attunement with his DVD, my abilities to use Reiki for healing, channeling and psychic connections were greatly enhanced within just a few days. Steve's books are great- down to earth and easy to understand. If you want to learn about Reiki, start with Steve Murray!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Companion to the Video Programs, 8 Sep 2004
When I chose to attune and train using Master Murray's video programs, I also purchased his book, REIKI THE ULTIMATE GUIDE. That was a very wise choice on my part because the book goes hand in hand with the videos. It is an excellent study guide and resource to help cement the knowledge and wisdom that is gained through the video programs and attunements. As a person who has experienced the Level I attunement in person and Master Murray's video attunements, I can say from experience that, however he accomplishes it, Steve truly has found a medium for passing Reiki onto students. I heartily endorse his products for those who are interested in Reiki.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book unlocks the secrets of Reiki... sensational!, 11 Jun 2006
This book gives you the step-by-step processes for giving Reiki. For a newcomer, Reiki The Ultimate Guide provides the student with everything necessary to learn and give Reiki. The detailed photos make learning the Reiki Attunements effortless. For the more Reiki educated, such as Reiki Practitioners and even Masters, Steve's Reiki the Ultimate Guide provides the missing pieces to the Reiki puzzle - he brings light to the dark in Reiki. I use Steve's methods for grounding and clearing before I leave our home, or before important meetings, as well as before giving Reiki of course, and find that my mind is very calm and clear for whatever I am about to do. This book is a must-buy for any serious Reiki Healer at any level, and the next two books in Steve's Reiki Guide series, Reiki the Ultimate Guide Learn Reiki Healing with Chakras and Reiki the Ultimate Guide Learn New Reiki Aura Attunements, are even more powerful and exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I was looking to learn about Reiki I found in Rei, 28 Aug 2005
Steve Murray takes the mystery out of Reiki and puts the heart of the matter into it, and that is, Reiki is meant for all of those who wish to receive it and give it to others. This book has taken what in the past seemed unobtainable to learn, cloaked in all of it's mysticism, into easy to follow how-to steps and brought it all to my access. All the questions I ever had regarding the subject are discussed. This is the most thorough all inclusive book on the subject I have ever seen, (and believe me I checked them all out). For anyone searching for information on the topic, I highly recommend this book, it is truly the only one you will need. Because of learning of Steve Murrays ability to consolidate so much information in his works I have purchased Reiki The Ultimate Guide Vol. 2, as well as his Reiki Attunement DVD's which are also excellent, as are his Phychic and Healing Music Attunement CD's. Within one week of becoming a Reiki Master from his DVD Attunement I have been able to send powerful Reiki to a severely ill newborn miles away, and also to a job interview my son was having in Finland. The baby is fine, and my son has the job he's always dreamed of the doors opened so swiftly we were all blown away, I have always known of and used spiritual energy but with the new understanding I gained from Steve Murrays books, DVD's & CD'S, all and more I've been working at so hard in my life now flows through me freely and effortlessly. Not to mention the profound visions I've had while listening to the music attunements. This is one book you'll be glad you bought!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!, 24 Mar 2004
By A Customer
Steve Murray has produced an informative book about Reiki. It includes secrets which are normally held by Reiki Masters and only passed on through Master Attunements. A brief outline about steve's life and how and when he became a Reiki Master. Photographs showing hand positions for self healing and healing others. Detailed analysis of how the 1st, 2nd and Master Reiki Attunements are carried out.
When i purchased this book, i also purchased Steve's Reiki 1st level and 2nd level attunements which are available on dvd or video. Quite a radical change from the 'traditional' attunements, which were normally only carried out 'face to face' with a Reiki Master (for quite a large cost). These attunements really work, believe me, not always an immediate physical change but minor subtle changes. For me, it was instant and the feeling of calmness, clearer mind, like had a weight had been lifted was incredible and it doesnt stop there.
There are also the master attunement video/dvd's available and 2 healing videos (emotional healing and physic) More information on these videos are in steve's book.
If you are open minded and would like to explore a wider scope of your being this is definately for you. The results are amazing. I have a whole new lease of life now

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Companion to The Video Programs, 8 Sep 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book! Clear, Fresh and Concise, 25 May 2004
Steve's book is very fresh and very open - pure. It is written from a truly spiritual perspective, does not discount other methods of healing, and therefore is very secure and mature in its beautiful clear writing. I appreciate the fact that Steve says Reiki can be used with other modalities of healing and does not try to take away or compare Reiki with other sciences. This book rises above the level of human insecurity and competition and strife and takes the shroud and mystery away. It is written with a humble approach and is very honest. It has what I believe to be a truly spiritual approach because of these inner qualities that emerge in the material. It is no wonder so many people are attracted to his wonderful material. Steve explains the Reiki approach, the use of the symbols and the attitude and intent of the healer. I am also a healer and minister and appreciate Steve's approach which is that the Universal power (I call the God power) is a divine gift for all people to be shared - for the betterment of all. Steve's book and videos and DVD's are based on these true healing principles. I think anyone who gets the book and videos and DVD's will appreciate their value many times over.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real McCoy, 16 Sep 2006
In a "spiritual marketplace" rife with fraud and misrepresentation, Steve's 3 books (Reiki Ultimate Guides) and dvd attunements deliver the goods. Though initially skeptical, I've taken the Reiki degree attunements with satisfying results. It is actually possible, with the proper intent, to channel reiki successfully after being attuned via dvd. I experienced an impressive array of phenomena while channeling, especially using the symbols. Even long distance healing and beaming worked surprisingly well. The Ultimate Reiki Guides contained, in very clear, plain language, the steps necessary to take attunements and (Master degree) to give them. They also explicitly describe many different techniques for channeling Reiki (for yourself and others), both with and without props (crystals, stones). Taken as a whole, the books and dvds are probably the most detailed, cost-effective means of thoroughly learning and being initiated into Reiki currently available. Kudos to Steve Murray for making genuine Reiki attunements and knowledge available to such a wide audience.