on 8 June 2009
Paul Lima's book is a perfect workbook for authors who, like me, mistakenly believe that writing a book is all about writing.

By presenting the reader with a clear, easy, day-by-day workplan Lima dispells much of the writing mystique. I found out that I was in fact sabotaging my work by not doing the brainstorming, planning and outlining before getting down to work.

I warmly recommend this book to all writers who, having read too many Romantic novels, erroneously believe that in order to write a book you have to lock yourself up in a garret and wrestle with writers' block.

Having read Paul Lima's book I have finished a book that was in the works for 2 (yes, two) years.

Thank you, Paul!
on 29 July 2011
As someone with an interest in becoming an author, I found this a very easy to read, logical book with great tips for making the whole process less intimidating. The chapter on self publishing is worth a specific mention as it gives a useful insight into how the whole world of publishing on-line works. I am keen to read more of Paul Lima's books now and maybe even attempt to write one myself !
on 16 February 2009
I was struggling to find a book that simply sets out how to write a non-fiction book.

I wanted a methodology that is proven to work, and I have found it in Paul's excellent book.

Paul takes the best techniques out there (freefall/stream of conciousness writing) (clustering/mind mapping) and integrates them into a logical system that is easy to follow.

I am now on my way to getting my first draft together and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. My writing project has become less fearful thanks to Paul.
on 16 August 2014
Easy to follow book that made a lot of sense and was easy for the Newbie (myself) to follow.
Learning that the writing itself only covers a small percentage of producing a book, was almost a relief to me.
The idea of mapping and outlining took some of the stress out of the worry of how was I ever going to know what information to put into this book.
on 4 May 2010
Paul Lima is a self-published POD writer - no problem with that; I am too. But his book doesn't come across as very professional - there's not much to it for a start, and what there is is mostly about outlines. Yes, creating outlines is important for a non-fiction (or fiction) book, but I was expecting more practical advice for the professional writer, whereas this reads as a beginner's book for people who haven't written anything before. I read it in about an hour and didn't get anything from it a professional writer wouldn't already know. Disappointing and not worth the cover price.
on 10 March 2010
I read Paul's book after writing my own book about a similar topic and have to say I enjoyed it thoroughly. Although Paul's methods differ from mine in places they are every bit as valid and present readers with a very clear pathway from concept to finished manuscript. An excellent book - and I'll be over to buy you a cup of coffee next time I'm in Toronto!
on 6 April 2014
This book is an easy read and I am now inspired to the point that I'm on day 5
of the daily tasks. I am so excited. I look forward to each challenge in a way
that I haven't done in some time.
on 17 February 2015
It's perfect and well-explianed
on 26 August 2012
A really brilliant book, it takes you by the hand through the whole process with stacks of inside info in a light friendly way. I have read many similar books but none of them have got a single word of my book written down. This book enthused me and gave me confidense to push ahead. I have written three chapters already and loving every minute of it.
on 28 May 2012
fantastic book so well presented and really highlighted all I was not doing, not doing wrong as for a writter nothing is really wrong but he points out an easy method to catalogue everything.