5.0 out of 5 stars A very gentle experience
Published on 15 Aug. 2006 by Basil

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment
After reading the reviews on this CD I couldn't wait to receive it. Alas I was a little dissapointed. If you prefer gentle background music to your meditations, this CD is not the one for you. It is voice only. Unfortunately for me that doesn't work.
Published on 23 Oct. 2007 by Lunar Shine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A very gentle experience, 15 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Guided Meditations: For Calmness,Awareness & Love (Audio CD)
This CD is really among the best I have tried. It does not try to force "self actualisation" through forceful suggestion like many other very self-centred styles I have heard on "self-hypnosis" cd's I tried: "you are so talented, you have so much potential, let go now, let go...". Most of them advocating that the latest thing is to combine music and hypnotic suggestions. Those are all cheap commercial gimmicks.

Guided mediation is about allowing the person to reach understanding of emotions and feelings as ideas, to examine them equally and in a balanced way and to extrapolate from there into a deeper calm understanding. This is precisely what this CD is doing, particularly with the "Meta" technique.

The voice of the person on the recording is superbly calming and peaceful. It does not force upon the listener anything beyond what they themselves wish to create and to experience. There is no music, no other distractive sounds just a calm voice guiding you and focusing you. No suggestions of what to experience, just what to look for in your own way.

Highly recommended for people new to meditation, or people wishing to experience a good beginning to meditation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation CD to bring peace,, 20 May 2004
Amazon Customer (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
I first found Bodhipaksa via his web site. He is a wonderful teacher who can calm your mind and soothe the troubles in your life.
This CD used in conjunction with the notes on posture, which are available on Bodhipaksa's website will enable you to bring your mind to a peaceful state,and whilst meditation will not take away your problems it can enable you to focus on your inner self, calm your emotions and live at peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone can meditate, 20 May 2004
M. Pope (UK) - See all my reviews
with some help from this CD by Bodhipaksa. On the CD there are three meditation practices for complete beginners, and Bodhipaksa gently guides you through every stage of each one. What I love about the meditations on this CD is that they give you as much guidance and support as you need, with plenty of time to get on with the practice. I learned to meditate from scratch this way! This CD is also really useful to anyone who is an experienced meditator; I use it regularly to refocus my practice, and for extra hints and tips on techniques. And Bodhipaksa's calm manner is both relaxing and reassuring. I would recommend this CD to anyone who wants to try meditation but isn't sure how, to those who (like me) couldn't (or are too shy to) attend classes, or to those who just want some extra guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the best., 13 July 2005
For anyone wanting to make the journey into meditation, this is a great place to start. I have tried numerous meditation cds, and since coming across this CD I shall be not looking further.
A great companion to the cd is "Wild Mind: A step by step guide to meditation", this is the book that the cd is based, but hand in hand they give you a great introduction into Mediation for us begginers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodhipaksa Guided Meditation, 26 Dec. 2009
I have been practising the Mindfulness of Breathing technique as taught in this CD for about 2 years having read about it in Paramananda's "Change Your Mind" book and taken a real liking to it.

However at times I struggle to remain focused on the breathing and thought that at such times this guided version might suit me. So after two years I finally decided to buy it!

The first 7'24" of Track 1 of the CD is a body relaxtion which I do not use: I don't like body relaxation techniques and I find 27' just a little too long for meditation. The remaining 20' of gentle, guided meditation helps me tremendously to relax and stay focused. I find Bodhipaksa's voice very soothing and whilst he is present to guide you through the 4 stages of the meditation, his presence is not intrusive or distracting.

For the past two years I have tried to follow this technique as best I can with gentle meditation music despite music not being recommended.

Having used this CD a couple of times I think I will try from now on to adopt a new routine of no music and just this CD as I find it so helpful. I realise now that the music really is distracting and I have enjoyed listening to the ambient sounds around me which I am normally unaware of.

I can not comment on the other 2 tracks of Metta or Walking Meditation as I bought the CD solely to help me with the Mindfulness of Breathing and it does just that - very effectively.

In my opinion this CD is money very well spent as it will guide you through a thoroughly useful and beneficial meditation technique and I don't think you can put a price on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Experienced & Beginners to Meditation, 23 Jan. 2009
I have been searching a while for a decent guided Metta meditation CD and this is a good as it will get. I have been meditating on and off a few years and have found Bodhipaksa's CD's to be very good. A beginner may find the length of the tracks a bit long, but after a while you don't notice it so much. There is no background music by the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Peaceful and calming, 16 Oct. 2012
I am quite new to meditation. I felt the need to do something as I had undergone some major life changes and my mind felt like a tumble drier. i found this item very helpful, not overly long and a quiet , soothing voice. I would recommend to anyone who needs to take a 'time out'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best after several years, 6 Oct. 2008
I bought this CD about three years ago and have been doing the Mindfulness of Breathing and Loving Kindness meditations about once or twice a week for all that time. The Mindfulness of Breathing is so simple and leads me away from my thoughts back to my centre, to my breathing. It also relaxes and energises. It is simple but effective and still feels fresh to me. The Loving Kindness meditation is really powerful but a bit more work. It is hugely helpful in loving myself and also in dealing with difficult people that used to turn up in my life - since doing this meditation they seem to have disappeared! I have also had people from my childhood or aspects of myself as the personalities in the stages. My only criticism is that I am only invited to send love to this world and not our whole galaxy!

4.0 out of 5 stars reassuringly calm, 11 Sept. 2010
I have listened to a couple of meditation c.d's and this is the most calmimg so far. The man's voice is very detached and simple. there is no cringyness which I get from some. I recommend it to anyone who wants a simple meditation free from jargon, religion and new age speak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 6 Jan. 2009
Beautiful set of meditations, so calm and peaceful. Bohdipaksa's voice is very soothing, calming and inobtrusive as he guides you through each meditation.

Unlike some meditation CDs that you get, there's no music in the background, which is quite a pleasant change. It means that you can either meditate with just the sound of your surroundings, or you can play your own music, depending on what you feel like.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Guided Meditations: For Calmness,Awareness & Love
Guided Meditations: For Calmness,Awareness & Love by Bodhipaksa (Audio CD - 12 Feb. 2004)