5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Scrumptious
Published on 28 May 2004 by Book Addict

1.0 out of 5 stars This was terrible!
Published 18 months ago by Nancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Scrumptious, 28 May 2004
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: No Mercy (Paperback)
NO MERCY tells us of REM, a warrior mighty proud of his newly discovered nee'ka; not only has she rare sekta pearl skin like his Empress Kyra but she is spotted like his Goddess APARNA (us humans call them freckles). You guessed it - Miss Average GISELLE is another extremely lucky woman whisked from first dimension Earth to REM'S Seventh Dimension Universe. REM is perhaps more relentless than most in his pursuit of his sacred mate, but then he was tricked into an earlier marriage from hell to JERA before she met with a particularly nasty end (see THE EMPRESS' NEW CLOTHES).
There are many entwining storylines in this book and as a result I urge you to read the first in this series, THE EMPRESS' NEW CLOTHES before diving in. Not only does BLACK detail the developing relationship between REM and GISELLE, she also reveals tantalising insights into the young offspring of the Q'AN TIL bloodline and finally explains what happens when a warrior fails to find his sacred mate. REM is pretty close to this fate before he finally finds GISELLE, and though joined to her still has difficulty controlling the predator within.
I've come to expect a high standard from BLACK and she never fails. She has again written another sci-fi erotica triumph, one with humour, insight, charm and red hot passion. The TREK MI Q'AN universe is a lushly erotic paradise where every lustful urge is satisfied and true love really is a life or death commitment. I cannot recommend this SERIES highly enough!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would Wonder ever cease!!!!!!, 18 April 2009
This review is from: No Mercy (Paperback)
What can I say - Ms Jaid has done it again. It's hot, plot is original, lots of humour from beginning til the end.
Just go and get this wonderful book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but ....., 11 April 2013
Interesting story but not enough description of the warring parts. Would have been nice to read how Kil battled with the beast and also Rem fighting to protect his beloved.

1.0 out of 5 stars This was terrible!, 25 Feb 2013
Nancy "romance mad" (Kent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have never just not bothered to finish a book, but this one was just so bad I couldn't bring my self to finish it. If this was really written by a woman, God help us all! I read a lot of romance (this wasn't romantic), a lot of erotica (again, this wasn't erotic) and love Science Fiction, but even the sex scenes in this was so far from likely or factual as to be unbelievable. That a 36 year old virgin would go from her sheltered independent life to being fine with the most degrading public sex acts in the span of two weeks was ridiculous. Each new chapter revealed more humiliation and degradation of the heroin (I use that term loosely as she talks a lot in her head about how terrible the women and herself are being used and treated, but does NOTHING about it!) Personally I would have tried harder to be sucked out of the airlock with all the other poor sex objects on board.
If this had been a book I would have burnt it! Instead I just deleted it from my kindle with a note to self "Don't buy anything by this author again!"
ZERO Stars!

No Mercy
No Mercy by Jaid Black (Paperback - 8 Mar 2003)
7.50