on 26 September 2013
Most of the material in here is available elsewhere, often enough online for free, BUT this book does very nicely pull it all together in one handy place. Some of it appears to be a bit mumbo-jumbo for me - Genesis P-Orridge's writing style tending to circumnavigate whatever points he's trying to make, trying to sound cool with adolescent misspellings. Still, Grant Morrison's contributions are to the point & clear as day, as are Phil Hine's and plenty of others. Worth getting I reckon.
on 2 March 2004
This book contains extracts from works by a great many writers of the occult (and others I wouldn't lump together with that crowd ;). Includes writings of Terrence McKenna, Robert Anton Wilson, Anton LaVey, Daniel Pinchbeck, Hakim Bey as well as articles on Burroughs, Timothy Leary, Brion Gysin, Aleister Crowley and occultism in general. I would suggest however that this book is less of a guide to occultism and more a history bringing the new student up to date.
on 3 November 2004
I suppose that any book like this will have articles which appeal very much and those which don't. It was a must buy for me for some articles in it that I hadn't got elsewhere by writers I admire. Some of the stuff, I rate, but had anyway and some wasn't really of so much interest, seeming to be more 60s Psychedelia. Nevertheless, I liked it and it gave a modern overview of the magickal scene which is difficult to find from a single author source.
on 10 October 2015
good book
on 22 May 2016
Magick
on 19 March 2015
great
on 21 December 2014
Practical purchase, very pleased with it,
on 5 April 2015
The Grant Morrison bit good. The rest boring.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 April 2010
Took a lot longer than the others to arrive, but was still in the recommended time.