5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly written with mind blowing consequences
I couldn't put this book down. Morty Lefkoe has an engaging writing style explaining clearly and using as many examples as possible to get the message across.

Published on 2 Jan 2008 by J. Greenwood

1.0 out of 5 stars Passing off NLP as his own
Lefkoe seems to be devoted to describing NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) as his own invention. I find this very unsettling, given the amount of time, effort and expertise invested by NLP creators Bandler and Grinder.

Published on 14 Aug 2010 by KomodoDave

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly written with mind blowing consequences, 2 Jan 2008
J. Greenwood (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Re-Create Your Life: Transforming Yourself and Your World with the Decision Maker Process (Paperback)

By understanding that your beliefs actually create our life and realising that you can change them will open you to new possibilities. It is so simple, so obvious yet most of us have not realised it. Once reading Morty's book the penny dropped.

If you are a manager, a worker or a parent then this book will give you a whole new meaning about how you distinguish and relate to people and what the consequences of your actions are.

Really a fantastic read.

Thank you so much Morty.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm stunned...and glad that i can start to learn a few things about my "world"!, 13 Nov 2007
S. A. T. Linkers "Solution Creator" (The Hague, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Re-Create Your Life is about eliminating beliefs, which cause problems (fears) in your everyday life, forever.
The Decision Maker Process guides you through a 7 step process starting with identifying the undesirable pattern and ending it with creating yourself as the creator.
I'm stunned by the simplicity of the Decision Maker Process and how it goes quickly and directly to the "Root of all Evil" and helps you to get rid of it.
If you need more info about the DM Process, then search for Morty Lefkoe on the Internet.

The best part is that it has nothing to do with psychotherapy and has everything to do with understanding how your beliefsystem works and asking the right questions to yourself.

I'm starting to see a world where parents are aware of their behaviour towards children and help them to create their own life full of healty beliefs...wow!

The only hardpart in this whole process for me is to remember the first time i formed a couple of limiting beliefs in early childhood.
But if you can remember them, then buckle-up...bye bye Limiting Beliefs and Re-Create your life!

Thanks Morty, for such a mind blowing book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Useful Technique, 19 Jun 2008
I feel I have to say something about this book to encourage people to read it and use it.

Whilst the author says it may not work as self help I found that it does & the benefits have been enormous.

It is a very simple technique for holding your beliefs up to scrutiny & seeing if they hold water.

I really love the technique and use it daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn how to stop thwarting your own success!, 2 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Have you ever wanted to lose weight but somehow kept sabotaging your efforts to do so? Or wanted to change careers but were afraid you may not have what it takes to succeed? Or were afraid of something that you knew was totally irrational but for some reason those fears kept popping up and kept you from doing things you wanted to do and from enjoying your life? Well, if so, then this is the book you need to read. RE-CREATE YOUR LIFE reveals the secret to why we do all those things that get in the way of our own happiness. And it's so simple and makes such sense! Once you understand WHY you're doing what you're doing, that it's really a survival strategy that's based on certain beliefs that you have (that may even be unconscious), you can follow the easy steps to get rid of those beliefs and totally and permanently change your behavior, your life, and the way you feel about yourself. All I can say is that it has worked for me and I have tried the process on about 20 of my friends and it has worked for every single one of them. I don't usually endorse products or books or things, but I consider this kind of a public service message. Why continue to block yourself from achieving what you want when you can learn how to live your life as if you are the one making the decisions and creating your life, which you are!

1.0 out of 5 stars Passing off NLP as his own, 14 Aug 2010

Lefkoe's belief elimination method is simply this: we infer our own meaning in any situation, thus if you feel you 'aren't good enough', 'aren't loved' etc. then this is all in your head. You simply need to realise that this intangible meaning isn't a solid fact, it's something you've decided upon, when in fact you could view things entirely differently if you so choose.

Is this worth reading a book for? Personally I don't think so.

Lefkoe has recently been discussing what he's coined the 'Lefkoe Stimulus Process'. You'll observe he has decided to crowbar his surname in there once more. This process is in fact an extremely well-known, thoroughly explored NLP principle called 'anchoring' which _any_ NLP book will give you the full details of.

What's even worse is, Lefkoe focuses on an assumption that any neuroses a reader may have will stem from their parents. NLP makes no such assumption, and offers not only a route to overcome any mental obstacle, but many supplementary strategies which are highly useful too.

I do not recommend this book, quite the opposite. I would highly recommend you buy a book by Richard Bandler or John Grinder, since as professional psychologists, psychoanalysts and the creators of NLP they have many years of experience in the field, far more than Mr Lefkoe here, who is a novice attempting to ride a cash camel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Offers a simple yet very effective technique that works!, 2 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Whenever motivational speakers address the "how to's" of a person who wants to change his life, the first place they go for resolution is the person's "beliefs." They give us a 12 step, 28 day (and if you miss a day you start all over again) program of affirmations, written and mental exercises, all designed to change your beliefs and behavior. FOLKS, STOP RIGHT NOW! In his book, Re-create Your Life, Morty Lefkoe offers us a simple yet very effective technique that quickly and permanently eliminates the beliefs that keep us stuck. His description of the DM Process intrigued me, then the case studies sold me, as I quickly tossed out my initial skepticism (belief) about eliminating life-long beliefs so easily and efficiently. WOW! It's an amazing technique that he's so graciously shared with the world (or at least those that read) in his book. I'm in the business of helping people feel better in their bodies, mind and emotions and I use several powerful tools to achieve that, but I must concede that Morty has discovered something worth calling a "revolutionary" process. I've tried the process and there's a beauty to it-- it's experienced from a place of love. Morty helps us get back to our God within. He has created a technique that has the potential to change the human experience and, as we enter the energy of the new millennium, "change" smacks us in the face. The Decision Maker Process has the potential to create a richly healthy, happy and caring human experience on this planet. Louretta Walker, Certified Hypnotherapist, Rebirther, Massage Therapist, Cellular Memory Release

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually works, 7 Sep 2013
I read this book a few years ago, and picking it up recently I realised that I hadn't reviewed it. Let me put in a good word.
It's central insight is quite simple but very powerful: what we take to be general rules of life are actually drawn from our specific childhood experiences. Recognising this, and recognising that the events of our childhood could have been interpreted in other ways, alters our view of the world and frees us to make changes. As others have noted, this is quite close to some types of EFT, but it's actually more profound.
The book is deliberately not written as a self-help manual (though non-residents of Southern California will probably have to abandon the idea of a personal consultation with the author) and is written in a clear and accessible style, without jargon or New Age neologisms. There's the obligatory commercial packaging and trademarking of the so-called "Decision Maker technology" but that doesn't really interfere with the message.
I suggest that you try the method the book describes; It's not easy to isolate beliefs, but if you can do so, you'll probably find that this method - unlike many similar ones - actually works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 19 Jun 2012
Artur Marzan (UK) - See all my reviews
Read it few years ago & can only say book will change nothing it's not reading which will make a difference, it's just a theory. However Lefkoe belief proccess which will let you eliminate your belief (good and bad) which will. Not life changing, but giving you a tool for you to be your life creating conciousness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a way to actually change your behavior., 10 Jun 1997
By A Customer
I've not only read the book but also experienced the process. Mr. Lefkoe's book gives you the developmental history of the Decision Maker process, an explanation of how it works and several pertinent case histories.

He explains how our beliefs, typically created when we are children, have us experience the world as we do and how our behaviors are manifestations of these beliefs. The good news is: Given that we create our beliefs, we also can eleminate them thus freeing ourselves to "be" in the world differently than before.

He goes on to explain where the process can be used and how our institutions, government and world can be truly changed.

The book is a quick read with excellent case histories that allow the reader to "relate" to the person being facilitated and also understand how the process works. It's logical!

The book promises, and I can tell you from first hand experience that it delivers.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN INSPIRED GUIDE TO CREATING LASTING LIFE CHANGES, 7 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Kiss your therapist goodbye! Morty Lefkoe's simple yet profound Decision-Maker Process takes the reader from identifying to transforming limiting beliefs in a few easy steps, guiding them in creating new beliefs which support lasting postive change. Once you realize it is the underlying beliefs that keep desired changes from becoming permanent (despite knowing what's good for you or talking to your therapist about it endlessly), generating an empowering new belief is a logical methodology from which to create one's life. Given how what we believe shapes our world, there is no doubt that this book and it's technology can make a difference for all types of readers. I highly recommend it!