Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 July 2014
I have read Linda Berdoll's other 2 books and this picks up the loose ends nicely, as a sequel to p&p when read with the other 2 books they have plenty of story and move along slowly, unlike other books which read more like an epilogue. I like a bit of passion and romance, but some of the vivid descriptions are a bit to much, maybe I think should be left to the readers imagination. Lastly I found it a bit too sad, when it came to the matter of their children.
on 2 December 2015
I loved this book, it has everything... Love, intrigues, passion and so much laughter. Darcy and Lizzy were just how I'd imagined them to be and she stayed almost true to all characters. My main criticism is it is overly wordy...a definite abuse of a thesaurus, but a pleasure to read all the same...
on 28 March 2012
I got this book after reading the first 2 offerings by Linda Berdoll (which I really enjoyed). I can only say I was really put out when I started reading, I really struggled to finish this(shear pigheadness played a part in me finishing). It took me ages to read, mainly because I found I was having to re-read quite alot of the text.
on 6 August 2012
Oh Dear! This novel lacked story and direction. All those pages I ploughed through, and when I got to the end I thought to myself "What actually happened?" I would have loved to give a synopsis of the storyline as I find it really helps me to decide whether to buy a book or not, if the reviewer provides one. But I am really struggling to recall any memorable moments at all. It just made me yawn a lot.I found the whole thing very tedious and began skipping whole chapters at times.

This novel added nothing to Linda Berdoll's first two books ,continuing on from Pride and Prejudice, which I enjoyed immensely. I'm afraid to say it's a definite miss.
 The Darcys: The Ruling Passion
on 1 March 2013
A romantic guide to what occurred after the D & E wedding and blissful honeymoon and wedded life at Pemberly. Very tender and romantic telling of how well suited and compatible the couple's personalities blend and harmonize despite some dramatic moments that nearly separated them..
on 26 May 2013
If you enjoyed the other two books, don't waste your time or money buying this. I persevered with it hoping it would get better but sadly no, nothing happens!
on 8 June 2012
Loved this book !!!!!! It has everything: it's funny, it's passionate, it's thrilling. I loved the fact that we can see what happened to Darcy and Lizzy after they were married. Would love to read more about them and their friends and family. The book is very well written, I couldn't put it down. Thanks for such a lovely story.
on 14 March 2014
A brilliant tale of love and mystery I thoroughly enjoyed the lengthy telling of a tale of love. In parts the story left a lot to be desired and the end came much too soon for me.
on 17 October 2013
Fantastic, most loose ends tied up but more could be told of the other sisters.

A brilliant story and tribute to the great Jane Austen.
on 7 September 2015
After reading " Mr Darcy takes a wife", I​ expected lots more from Mrs Bardoll. I am sure she will write a better novel next time.