4.0 out of 5 stars Detailed exposition of Code's experience based theory, 6 July 1999
By A Customer
Keith Code follows on from his two previous titles 'A Twist of the Wrist' and 'Twist II' with more detailed theory on motorcycle handling. He is a clear thinker, and it is interesting to read all of his books in chronological order and see the development of his ideas. The margin notes by Wayne Rainey broaden and deepen the discussion and suggest that this work would still be incomplete if it were three times as long [in which case I would give it 5 crowns]. Code is apparently no engineer, and he does not get technical, for instance, on countersteering, and does not mention things such as gyroscopic precession [though I would have appreciated it], but he is a scientist in that he develops theories based on observation and performs experiments to prove or disprove them on the track. An excellent book which is improving my road riding [speed, safety and enjoyment] and which has whet my appetite for the track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never to young to learn, 18 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Soft Science of Road Racing Motor Cycles: Technical Procedures and Workbook for Road Racing Motor Cycles (Paperback)
I have been driving sports motorbikes for some 30 years and includes many track days, although never raced.
That said have supported club racers, and this is a useful manual for those rainy days at the circuit and just need some way to get inspirational thoughts, encouragement, ideas. Good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting for riders and very usefull - requires high concentration while reading, 11 July 2014
I'm almost finishing to read it, and altough I'm riding for more than 10 years now, it still gave me some very usefull tips to improve my technique. Especially for the riding plans that I'm currently studying and for the insight on trying to run in ( a corner) just a bit hot, to allow me to concentrate more in the line and not about late speed corrections - this one is specially new for me and a must try after some more tought about it.