5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Instructions
Published on 11 Feb. 2011 by Rcbrockett

3.0 out of 5 stars Make better use of your LX5
As with most digicams the in box paper instructions are woefully inadequate - barely suitable for a Box Brownie and the only way, it seems, is to download comprehensive instructions to your PC. But who wants to keep logging on to get that little extra tip to expand beyond Fully Auto? This book is the answer - not cheap but, given the capabilities of the camera, it is a...
Published on 18 April 2012 by roy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Instructions, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX5: Getting the Most from Panasonic's Advanced Digital Camera (Paperback)
I purchased this book, because the CD instructions That were supplied with the LX5, were a little confusing in places, and I needed something I could dip in to as and when required. The information in the book is easy to get to, and more importantly, it's easy to understand. I fully recommend anyone who wants to get to grips with the LX5, to buy this book, which will enable them to use their camera to it's full potential. I now have much more control over my camera and enjoy using it when ever I can. I also purchased Understanding Exposure, by Bryan Peterson, which has increased my confidence in photography even more. I no longer feel a complete novice anymore, because with this information,and loads of practice, it is a very satisfactory hobby. I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to the LX5, 3 May 2011
D. Brady (Ulverston, Cumbria United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is everything that the LUMIX official manual isn't:

Attractive - well laid out, clear systemmatic approach, well illustrated.

Good technical writing style... covers the essential points.

Nice to dip in and out of.... PDFs are hopeless for browsing to my mind.

Good section on tips, links and other resources.

Written by a knowledgable photographer who wants the reader to get the most of a camera he obviously likes himself..

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars An Unbeatable Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX5, 7 July 2011
Michael Redman "Mike Redman" (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
The Lumix LX5 is a very good camera, but it is let down by the cheapskate way that Panasonic delivers the 236 page instruction book as a pdf file on a CD. One could, I suppose, print it out, but you would be left with a hefty pile of paper to cart around. This book solves that problem by providing an excellent (and portable!) user guide to the camera. The chapters are well structured, progressing from using the camera in automatic "point and shoot" mode to fully manual operation of focus and exposure etc. It also takes the reader through using the LX5's rather impressive video modes. I read the book a chapter at a time, with the camera switched on and following the step by step exploration of the camera's functions. Having worked my way through the book to the end, I now feel that I have a comprehensive understanding of what this excellent camera is capable of.

Mr White's book is concise and written with great clarity; it is an outstanding example of a technical instruction book. My advice to anyone with an LX5 would be to buy this book and forget the Panasonic pdf!

4.0 out of 5 stars LX5 Guide, 8 July 2011
Mr. David J. Theobald "Dave Theo" (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
This book help enormously as the instructions on disk only give a description of the camera's functions.
I found through this book the best way to set up the camera for stills and video.
Also, the instructions supplied with the camera are on disk. I prefer to browse an instruction book any day and this book fits the bill.
Worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars I made a mistake, 9 Jan. 2012
Michael Ward (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a great book, but my mistake was in buying the Kindle version. The Lumix LX5 is a complex beast and one really needs to be able to find the answer to a question quickly. The problem with a Kindle is that moving from site to site is fine but finding a particular reference and then sorting through them take too long. I recommend the book, but buy the book version rather than the Kindle one, or better still buy both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Lumix LX5 Instructions, 29 May 2011
Quite simply the best instruction manual I have ever come across - for anything. Set out so well. It will not be overpowering for the novice & if you have the basic knowledge of photography it will help you become better at your skills with your LX5. If you own an LX5 you simply must buy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the manual, 7 July 2011
J. Barnes (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
An excellent book which is written in a conversational style & enables you to realise the full potential of the Panasonic Lumix LX5. I found the manual on CD difficult to read and understand. This book explains the ways in which the features of the camera can be used, and makes recommendations on the appropriate settings in different situations. My only criticism is that I would have liked more details and more example photographs in the book. However it is definitely recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumix LX5 user, 9 April 2012
I recently bought a Panasonic Lumix LX5, which had version 2 firmware already installed. This book was written when version 1 firmware was still current, but I have found it very useful. It is written in simple language, from the point of view of a real user. I learned a great deal about what the options actually do, what the variables actually do, and in what circumstance they may be useful. It will be an invaluable reference source as I gain experience with the LX5. I am very glad to have a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 1 Dec. 2011
Bought the camera. I have only 'point and click' photographic experience, but I DO have experience of badly translated camera manuals. Wanted to do the camera justice so I bought the book.

So pleased I did. It's clear, concise, written in a way that's very easy to read, not overly American and extremely useful. As well as talking you through all the buttons and all the menu choices it includes a lot of basics including focus and exposure that I was in dire need of.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars My partner was very happy, 6 Nov. 2011
I bought this book for my partner`s b`day and he was really glad that he will study more about his camera. He makes beautiful pictures now :-)
Delivery time was not even 2weeks (not four weeks as in product description).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›