5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful
I purchased this book because most of the instructions for the camera are supplied in PDF format and I much prefer to read a book than stare at a computer screen. The book is very well written and informative with plenty of photos. I'm sure that if I hadn't purchased the book, I would never have known that the camera could do so much!
Published on 24 Dec 2011 by Michael A

3.0 out of 5 stars decent book
gets you understanding Bridge cameras and the D500 in particular.
If you are new to this its a must, however if you are quite comfortable with Bridge or DSLR cameras its a bit unneccessary.
Published 22 months ago by Motty

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P500: Getting the Most from Nikon's Superzoom Digital Camera (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 29 Feb 2012
well written and authoritative guide both for less experienced and new photographers. This adds value to what is itself an excellent and potentially very powerful piece of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 15 Nov 2011
This book is very interesting. It offers good advice on how to work the features of a great camera. Good for beginners to a bridge camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars COOLPIX 500, 26 Feb 2012
Bought this camera and being a novice didnt have a clue ,with so many diff settings and things to use , so got this book and little by little taking some good and diff pics ,,

4.0 out of 5 stars Good For What It Is, 26 Feb 2012
Coincidence Vs Fate - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Being a total novice photographer and feeling somewhat baffled by my new P500, I found this invaluable is plugging the gap for the lack of a printed manual. Although I still opted (strangely, I guess) for the Kindle version - still didn't have anything printed - I still found this guide useful as I could look at this on my Android tablet - in colour - while using my Nikon. Shame it's so pricey in printed form.

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful gift, 23 Jan 2012
I bought this book as a birthday present so haven't used it myself, however, the recipient is very pleased with it and has found it extremely useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete guide, 11 Nov 2013
John Davie - See all my reviews
Well worth the money as a to hand reference instead of the disc supplied with the camera wich if printed would require 290 sheets of paper

4.0 out of 5 stars A non-review, 20 Oct 2013
I have to confess I haven't read this book thoroughly. During the very short time it took to arrive the camera packed up, and because Nikon service centres are as plentiful as hen's teeth I then procrastinated until the warranty had expired. The book and the P500 are now at the back of my wardrobe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon P500 guide, 20 Sep 2013
I've had the camera for about a year, and got fed up with having to look on the computer with the disc supplied with it.
I then bought the Photographer's guide to the Nikon coolpix P500, and have learnt so much about the camera, it give's in depth guide's to all the function's, and is handy to carry with you when your out taking picture's

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Jan 2013
Bought this as a gift for a friend who owns this model and she hasn't yet stopped raving about how helpful this book has been