on 25 September 2007
This book really is good on the design front, however, as another reviewer points out there are errors in the patterns. Easy to spot if you are experienced but not if you are a beginner. So take your time and read pattern before you start, refer to photos as they are very good guides for shaping and pattern.

I took this book to my knitting club and everyone found something they wanted to knit, so it has wide appeal. I am loving my cardigan, its got lace and cables and looks fab as it is shaped at the waist. Used a different yarn but did a tension swatch and it came out to the same stitch gauge but I had to adjust the rows and do extra.

Well worth buying.
on 12 July 2000
Jean Moss has captured the essence of the four themes in her designs. Sculptured Knits is a delight to read and has joined my library of craft books for the experienced knitter. The photography is superb, the designs are innovative, and the instructions are given with clarity and enthusiasm. As an avid knitter there are so many options open to me in this one book that it is hard to know where to begin. For the less experienced knitter but an enthusiast all the same this is a wonderful coffee table book. Jean Moss is obviously an extremely talented designer with enormous flair and a rare insight that enables her to produce designs which will be classics in the years to come.
on 30 May 2013
I bought the book for the cover pattern initially, but the decorative arts that were the starting point of the patterns had my expectations up high. I was very disappointed to find that the sculptured knits as promised on the cover, had to do with the structure of the stitches used, and not with well fitting garments at all. Most of the patterns for women lack a waist. To be honest, i wouldnt wear any of them, including the jacket on the front, as its completely formless at the back. Better patterns are found online for free. The only plus for me is that the book is a hardcover.