5.0 out of 5 stars Kneedles at the ready
Published on 6 May 2010 by Angela

3.0 out of 5 stars shawls and scarves knitting pattern book
THIS BOOK IS NO USE FOR A BEGINNER AS I SOON FOUND OUT.

BUT IF YOUR EXPERIENCED THEN THIS BOOK IS A MUST.

It has lovely patterns for scarves and shawls.
Published on 25 Oct 2010 by A. Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars Kneedles at the ready, 6 May 2010
This review is from: SHAWLS AND SCARVES: The Best of "Knitter's Magazine" (The Best Knitters Magazine) (Paperback)
I would not describe myself as a great knitter, but I wanted some nice lacy shawls so thought I would try this book, I have other patterns but usually unravel what I have done by row 20, the patterns are well explained, I'm not great with graphs, so having them written out is brilliant. I would recommend this, a little determination, and a pen and pad, necessary for me, and I think anyone could find a pattern to work with. Lots of information and helpful hints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shawls & Scarves: constantly borrowed from the library, so decided to buy my own copy!, 11 Dec 2007
Mrs. B. Watkins "BerniceCrafter" (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
I borrowed this book from my local library and made two of the garments, one of which I adapted. I plan to make several of the other things too, so thought I had better buy my own copy! The instructions are easy to follow, with charts as well as written instructions. The items come from several different authors, so cover a range of styles and levels of difficulty.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 10 Oct 2009
I like knitting lace items and have several books. This is the latest addition to my collection and I am most definitely not disappointed with it. It is full of beautiful patterns that make you eager to start one if you can decide which one. The patterns have the instructions in both a chart and written format so you choose which you prefer to follow. Would recommend this to any keen knitter but I think you would need some experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars LACE KNITTING, 30 Nov 2010
P. dawson "Pamela Dawson" (Devon) - See all my reviews
I HAVE LOOKED AND LOOKED AT THIS BOOK, AS I LOVE THE LACE PATTERNS IN IT, AND ALL THE TYPES OF LACE ON OFFER. I DO NOT HOWEVER THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO TACKLE THEM ALL, AS SOME ARE QUITE INTRICATE PATTERNS. I CLASS MYSELF AS QUITE AN ACCOMPLISHED KNITTER, AND CAN PICK UP ON MOST PATTERNS. I WOULD SAY IF YOU ARE NEW TO KNITTING THEN DO NOT BUY IT, BUT, ANYONE WHO IS EXPERIENCED IN INTRICATE PATTERNS, THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU.BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN AND LAID OUT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for all tastes., 21 Feb 2014
Mrs. Eileen Fisher "The Boggin" (Lincoln. England) - See all my reviews
A collection of scarves and shawls have been conveniently gathered into one volume.
The designs are lovely . All instructions are given in both written and charted form with useful hints and tips on achieving good results.
Interesting insights into the history of the styles and personal comments from the designers add to the patterns without being so "wordy" as to take up too much space in the book .
A really good purchase .

5.0 out of 5 stars An eagerly-awaited book!!!, 27 July 1999
By A Customer
This book contains patterns for shawls and scarves from previous issues of Knitter's magazine. With so many issues of Knitter's magazine out of print, and selling for fantastic prices (one issue sold for almost $50 on Ebay) this is a most welcome book. If you like shawls and knitting you will enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first venture into the world of inventive lace-knitting, 6 Jan 2011
Wiktoria M. Rønningen "Diana_Design" (Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This book was my starting-point for getting hooked by the wonderful world of knitted lace-shawls. Highly recomendable for every knitter that has basic knitting-skills.
Due to the wide range of styles and forms it gives an overview of lace-knitting from many parts of the world. It widens the horizon and gives the knitter so many choices.
The shawl 'Lotus Blossom Shawl' (shown on the front page) was my first shawl with a great deal of detail. Earlier 8through many years with knitting mostly clothing) I have tried out some shawls in garther stitch and stripes, but never dared to venture into such a 'scary' realm as lace.
It was finished within 12 days in October 2010. Since then three other shawls have been finished, all from Books on shawls purchased at Amazon.co.uk.
Knitting shawls with lace has been a great success and added joy to my everyday activity. I can not find anything to add in a negative direction.
Thanks to the publishers that introduced me to the wonderful world of knitted lace shawls.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book for the experienced knitter, 8 Jan 2013
Shawls and scarves is a beautiful book for the experienced knitter. As I have not been knitting for very long I had to do a bit of research and learn some of the stitch techniques before undertaking one of the more complicated projects. The effort was well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book., 7 July 2011
I bought this as I already owned a couple of more popular lace / shawl books. It is lovely to look through - though I probably won't knit anything from it. Still a nice purchase to add to other books in your collection but if I was to only buy 1 lace shawl book it probably wouldnt be this one!

3.0 out of 5 stars shawls and scarves knitting pattern book, 25 Oct 2010
A. Richards "akyleryan" (london) - See all my reviews
THIS BOOK IS NO USE FOR A BEGINNER AS I SOON FOUND OUT.

BUT IF YOUR EXPERIENCED THEN THIS BOOK IS A MUST.

It has lovely patterns for scarves and shawls.

Used & New from: £7.49