4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction
Having read many books on this subject over the last nine months I think that this is a good place to start reading on this subject. I keep it handy on my shelf referring back to it nearly each week.
Published on 17 Feb 2010 by Anthony Hunt

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what I was expecting - really quite dissapointed.
All about the author's life experiences fixing a wide range of commercial tube amps but very little practical info about how or what makes them sound the way they do and almost no circuit info provided at all.
Published 1 month ago by Rob13

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction, 17 Feb 2010
Anthony Hunt - See all my reviews
This review is from: All About Vacuum Tube Guitar Amplifiers (Paperback)
It was my first valve/tube book. I took it with me sailing thinking I would never get through the 300+ pages. In the end I read it three times in those ten days and drove the crew bananas. The book is split up into short digestible chunks, it seems the material is a collection of articles and question/answers from a US magazine. This format, which is the concept for all of his books can lead to you reading the same information repeated over and over. I do not have an issue with that, but my copies are all stuffed full of post-it notes marking what is relevant for me. There is an index in this book, but it is not user friendly
Since reading this I have read two other G. Weber books and most of his recommendations have worked out well on my amps.
Now I am reading more technical works but would never have been able to without the start Mr Weber has provided. Thanks to Gerald Weber!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what I was expecting - really quite dissapointed., 6 Jun 2014
Rob13 (TRURO, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: All About Vacuum Tube Guitar Amplifiers (Paperback)
Self indulgent and full of waffle. More of the authors opinion than useful information about amplifiers. Much better books out there

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to explain valve amplifiers, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: All About Vacuum Tube Guitar Amplifiers (Paperback)
Well for the first time, a book explaining valve amps that I can actually understand! Excellent book, well recommended to people wanting to learn

All About Vacuum Tube Guitar Amplifiers
All About Vacuum Tube Guitar Amplifiers by Gerald Weber (Paperback - 1 July 2009)
16.18