5.0 out of 5 stars Fashion Computing Excellent - A Must Have!, 19 Feb 2006
This review is from: Fashion Computing - Design Techniques and CAD (Fashion Design Series) (Paperback)
Fashion Computing is an absolute must for anyone on a fashion course or wishing to be a fashion designer!
I find it incredibly helpful and easy to understand. It shows very simple steps to draw fashion designs/flat drawings using Illustrator (even CorelDRAW), and how to use Photoshop to create my fashion presentations (mood boards/illustrations etc). I can follow the exercises visually, or for more in depth instruction read the text! It sets out the essential techniques and tools of the software and gets straight to the point. It has lots of great images, flats and design work. I have also found the section on how to create a digital portfolio very useful.
There is no other book like it. I will continue to use this book for my fashion course work and beyond. I have found the whole book really inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool book- you will love this book!, 6 May 2007
Cool book - full of really useful information on the techniques of drawing flats, illustrations and presentations on the computer. The exercises are really easy, step-by step and so well illustrated...you do not even need to read the text as you can just follow the visuals if you want!

The drawing techniques using Illustrator have been especially useful for me as I found it a difficult package to understand before I bought the book. And, instead of just playing around with Photoshop, I am now learning some really cool techniques, which have helped me improve my presentations heaps!

I am also keen to develop my portfolio digitally which this book explains how to do.

I love it...I have learnt so many computer tricks and tips it is unbelievable! And I love the fact that I can combine my hand drawing skills with my computer skills. I am so glad I bought this book...you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - a must have for fashion students!, 21 May 2007
Mark (Lancaster, UK) - See all my reviews
Great book....with just a basic knowledge of computers I found the fashion computing exercises for Illustrator and Photoshop really easy to follow - they are step-by-step and well illustrated.

I feel I now have the skills to develop my fashion designs and experiment with my fashion drawings and fashion designs with much more confidence than I had previously.

I love all the fashion illustrations in the book - I can use these as inspiration to develop my own computer images.

There is no other book like it - cool illustrations, fun to use and also a great book to pick up when you have forgotten a certain computer technique. Great book for all fashion students!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 28 Mar 2007
Maria Leeke (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is a great book!

Fashion Computing is extremely self-explanatory, with excellent step-by-step techniques of how to use the softwear. It gets straight to the point with the essential tools you need to get designing. It has a wonderful balance of computer and hand drawn fashion illustrations to motivate you to create and edit your own images.

It is really easy to follow....even for a beginner. For all those studying fashion or need to learn how to use Illustrator and Photoshop in the fashion industry, I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for fashion CAD, 14 Aug 2009
C. Wan (uk) - See all my reviews
Brought this book because i was struggling to get to grips with learning Coreldraw after years of using and practicing photoshop. It helped me pick up all the useful tips and tricks to efficiently store libraries of bra components, stitchlines and garment details as well as creating gorgeous working drawings that look like I'm more than ready to become a pattern cutter and illustrator after my first year at uni!well worth the buy and do it early!great investment for a small price.

4.0 out of 5 stars great overview, 10 Feb 2011
Great overview on how to use cad packages. I have coral draw and this book has been quick and easy to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 31 Jan 2010
Mrs. Sylvia Mellersh (uk) - See all my reviews
excellently written, clear instructions with no computer jargon that only a geek can follow. good excercises that are easy to apply to the work you need to do. covers tech aspects as well as artistic ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars very very good, 16 July 2013
really good even my brother use this for his computer techniques and I will recommand to student in fashion designer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 5 Jun 2013
A great book if you are studying fashion and need to get to grips with digital side.Easy to follow and lots of information included.

Fashion Computing - Design Techniques and CAD (Fashion Design Series)