5.0 out of 5 stars beach ready
So many of my friends have been havign huge success on teh 5:2 diet so it inspired me to give it a go. Bought a few different books for insporation and ideas on what to eat, and this is the best of the bunch. Lots of really great info at the start, and then a load of brilliant recipes that I can't believe are so low in calories. Busy workign my way through them and reckon...
Published 14 months ago by Annie B

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected
The recipes are basic and common sense if you can already cook. It's OK but you can get better out there
Published 10 months ago by R. Sharpe

1.0 out of 5 stars incorrect calorie calculations, 9 April 2014
Was really pleased with this initially, but then a couple of recipes seemed too good to be true, so calculated the calories myself, and to my horror they were way above what was detailed in the book. Awful for a so called diet book. I don't trust any of the recipes now, and if I am doing one of them I have to check everything. It is good for some diet recipe ideas, but then you need to do your own if you are trying to do the 5:2 diet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good range of simple recipes, 21 Jan 2014
Would be better if the recipes were grouped. I'm finding that I'm eating better tasting food on my diet days.

5.0 out of 5 stars A serendipitous find!, 20 Oct 2013
This is a brilliant little book packed full of sensible information and recipes which are amazing, healthy and delicious! I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful calorie counting, 30 Aug 2013
J. Edwards "Bright bird" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Skinny 5: 2 Bikini Diet Recipe Book: Recipes & Meal Planners Under 100, 200 & 300 Calories. Get Ready for Summer & Lose Weight.. (Kitchen Collection) (Paperback)
Personally, I prefer the original book

This one does have some nice recipes, but some of them are a bit 'oversold' by the author. For example, the best ever curry recipe is a pretty ordinary recipe with the spices slightly out of balance.

One thing that is REALLY useful, is that item by item of the recipe (when the author remembers to include them)you get a calorie count. If you then want to add more or less of something, or put in extras, you can then decide what you want to cut down on in order to stay within your calorie count.

So far, 5:2 is not as effective for us as the Dukan diet, but it is a lot easier on your time. We switched to this from Dukan- we only have one more stone to lose - because all of the items can be sourced fairly easily and the preparation and cooking time is no more than for a standard diet.

Buy when cheap and it is worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jules, 2 July 2013
Easy to follow recipes!! Good food choice and versatile, even though it was cooking for one very easy to double up too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 10 Feb 2014
A handy book if like me you're vegetarian and dieting but your family aren't. Contains about 90 recipes arranged in order of calories (under 100, under 200 and under 300). I might have given it more stars but 20 of the recipes are smoothies. Still, has enough to keep you going for 2 days a week without getting bored too quickly. And since I bought it for 99p I can't complain, though I might be disappointed if I'd paid more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I've been looking for!, 3 Feb 2014
This is a great little book, full of really useful and interesting recipes for one. Perfect as it's so much easier making one portion meals on my fast days. It's getting a lot of use!

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel ready for the challenge, 3 Jan 2014
excellent very informative and interesting. Contains exciting recipes to equip you ready for the diet. Also useful shopping lists to help you plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, 2 Oct 2013
H. Willis (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Great suggestions that don't require great cooking skills. Good value too and great if you don't want have to waste food

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Diet, 23 Sep 2013
Recommend this book for vegetarians. Its a lot easier to make for one person who want to lose weight in time for holidays and special occasions.