Submitted: Letters to a Dominatrix
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:£19.98+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 27 February 2014
OK, so I like to read about stuff other than Norwegian crime thrillers and this is certainly in the other category. The writing is well done, the imagery truly fantastic and it makes a great conversation piece on the coffee table!

There seems to be a never ending supply of new books about BDSM and fetish lifestyles but most follow the same of formula of how I was a nice girl who ended up whipping men. This is no such book. It takes it from a very different viewpoint of why men want to be treated the way they do by a dominatrix. It does not set out to explain it, rationalize it or anything so deep. It just sets out, very well, to allow you the reader to read in men's words why they seek these services.

If you're looking for a biography, this is not the book for you. If you interested in reading why men do this, then this is a pretty good place to start.
on 25 March 2014
I came across this book as I was searching through Amazon on this subject. A subject I do have some interest in. Also when I read the review by "Reading Geek" & looked at the Pictures, the book description I was not just intrigued but felt compelled to purchase it. I was not disappointed!
As the first review says this book has a totally different angle on the subject of a dominatrix & the requests & desires of her clients. Of course there is some background in to Mistress Xena or Madam X as she is referred as well, with some great pictures & artwork of her & related areas of the role she sees herself in. This is all appropriately & cleverly related to the subject discussed in the sections of the book. Predominately the book features a selection of the countless emails, letters, notes she has received from the vast number of clients wanting to obtain her service as a dominatrix. As the previous review says this book seeks to show & explain why clients wish to see a Dominatrix & what they hope they will have done to them! Wishing to have their desires fulfilled & the varied type of scenarios shown through the letters is fascinating! There are all types of letters some hand written poorly or immaculately, some typed, emailed, etc. The actual variation is what makes it so different.
I would say that you do not have to have a genuine interest in this subject to enjoy the book. As the "Reading Geek" stated this is not a biography, you can find so many of them anywhere! It's a collection of peoples thoughts, hopes & desires all sent to Mistress Xena, a professional dominatrix & shown from the requesters perspective in an open minded manor which I thought was really fun & very refreshing!
on 15 April 2014
I have to admit i do have a secret attraction to this world and initially brought this book after reading a review in the Independent. The reader is given a fascinating insight into the imagination where people`s most secret desires are revealed. This is accompanied by amazing artwork from some of the worlds top artists. I could honestly not put this book down, it is both humorous and a riveting read and a great example of how it should be done.
In comparison to most of the unreadable drivel out there this book is unique and has such an eye catching cover you wouldn`t feel embarrassed to leave it on show.
I cant recommend this highly enough - A brilliant book written by an honest and amazing author.