5.0 out of 5 stars Life affirming and vital. Just right for my holiday.
Published 22 months ago by Margot Frobisher

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
The growing old disgracefully!
Published 1 month ago by Jennifer Clifford

5.0 out of 5 stars Life affirming and vital. Just right for my holiday., 27 July 2013
This review is from: Growing Old Disgracefully: The Mature Woman's Manual (Paperback)
I loved this little book! I took it on holiday as a light and fluffy read hoping for a few fitness tips and got more than I bargained for. It was more of a witty and gritty philosophy than a fitness manual. There are home truths that most of us recognise and some life experience that is familiar. The authors seemed to have an insight into the older woman that most bums and tums fitness experts don't even get close to. The book inspired me to "think" more positively about my own well being and do something about it. Eating healthily rather than dieting, having fun with my freinds at Zumba, not worrying too much about how much I weigh and more about how I feel, which is great and getting better. It's about time there was a book that didn't just tell me to run or embarrass myself in the gym, but to have fun keeping fit. My confidence is growing and it's only been nine weeks since I came across this lovely book. I hope the writers do more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing Old Disgracefully - A Mature Womans Manual, 26 Jun. 2013
Great insight, witty throughout and poignant in places. Its good to see somebody who isn't just trying promote a diet or tell me to buy fitness equipment. Its a health and well being book with a twist, it doesen't read like a health and fitness book! I loved it, hope the authors have got more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Any woman's manual, 17 Aug. 2013
Great little bundle of common sense , love the focus on making the most of what
you have instead of wishing you are something you can never be .Anecdotes of
health , lifestyle & confidence make for a more interesting woman than a 'diet bore'
Amusing observation by Irene & Jill starting with the line "there's always somebody
ready to adore your man" ..... Keep this in your handbag girls !

5.0 out of 5 stars Self Improvement with humour, 26 July 2013
Me Campeas Cecile "Shimmer" (Cannes , France) - See all my reviews
Amusing, full of interesting and useful hints, rather than being "shoved" at you; the useful hints & guidelines are "Suggested" with much humour and a real désire To try.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing Old Disgracefully - A Mature Woman's Manual, 12 Aug. 2013
A great holiday read, good sense of humour with sensible suggestions. I hope the author hurries up with the next book

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 April 2015
The growing old disgracefully!

3.0 out of 5 stars It didn't Grab Me in the Right Places., 23 July 2013
A bit boring to get into it, which has delayed reading it through. Didn't live up to my expectations. Perhaps I should reading it back to front!!!

Growing Old Disgracefully: The Mature Woman's Manual
Growing Old Disgracefully: The Mature Woman's Manual by Jill Brooks (Paperback - 12 Feb. 2013)
Out of stock