5.0 out of 5 stars Get up and go
great way of writing really got me looking forward to my end to end trip can wait to read seans next book
Published 1 month ago by craig mclean

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but repetitive
I read 80% of the book but finally could not bring myself to complete it. The first chapters were great but I felt the author became bored or lazy in the latter chapters; so they became dull to read.
Published 14 months ago by Mr. I. Roberts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars starts well but then...., 16 Oct 2013
Every cyclists mission at one point is to do LEJOG and I was quite looking forward to this book to see how he coped on his own. Starts very well, amazed that with the lack of cycling fitness he manages to ride quite a lot of miles everyday but once he starts talking to his teddy and himself. Well at that point I though "this ain't all that". I found it silly that he was having a discussion and at points banter/argument with the teddy and I just thought it silly. I didn't finish the book but I'm glad that buying this book has helped him buy a pint at the pub.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but repetitive, 16 Feb 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars underwhelmed., 12 Sep 2013
This book wasn't for me. That says as much about me as it does the book though. I didn't like the cow monologue... it wasn't funny. The tone of writing was very young and the commentary on what the writer was experiencing seemed insubstantial. I didn't really relate to the view point of the writer. It felt a bit like listening to a teenager talking on their mobile. Good on the chap for getting it together and writing a book and it seems many people enjoy it. Just not me.

1.0 out of 5 stars 'Actually' pretty boring., 5 Sep 2013
Terri Bate "tutleymutley" (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
Sean uses the word actually rather a lot and manages to make his 'epic adventure' seem very mundane. There are far better Lejog books out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get up and go, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Land's End to John O'Groats: The ride that started it all (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars 196 Pages Of Joy, 21 Jan 2014
For anybody with a travel itch, this book is a must. Sean is right about John O'Groats ( it is a dump). At least I'd only spent a day driving their. Not 3 weeks on a bike ! Great reading :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, 14 Dec 2013
I loved reading this book. It made me feel as though I had done the journey myself (but from the comfort of my own home...although I have been going out on my bike more!) I liked the way the journey was detailed stage by stage. The style is warm and funny whilst being inspiring and informative. Looking forward to the one about the swim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Enjoyable, 2 Nov 2013
Al (Blackburn, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I loved this book. Reading it allowed me to feel like part of the adventure. I am pleased the adventure continues and good luck to him. Humorous and good natured, I am almost sorry the book has ended. Pedal power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Oct 2013
After reading this book you want to do a challenge of your own. You also wish Sean was a friend of yours as life would be all the better with such a character evolved. Inspiring and entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike, 5 Sep 2013
Just dead good,cracking read,makes life look great,makes you think"I should do this",then again,I'm twice his age,with bloody ties,and all that

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaed8fb28)

Land's End to John O'Groats: The ride that started it all
Land's End to John O'Groats: The ride that started it all by Sean Conway (Paperback - 18 Dec 2012)
6.32