‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, Beautiful, Cookbook, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Go Faster Food for Kids: Top Nutrition Advice for Active Children with 101 Irresistible Recipes (Paperback)
I have 3 teenage sporty kids who always seem to be hungry! They show lots of interest in being healthy whilst still enjoying 'sports drinks, junk food and and any bar that mentions 'activity/sports'. Kate's book has been an education, making them realise how easy it is to replicate the high cost sports stuff. They are quite keen to try out some cooking from time to time and are always inspired by good recipe photographs. The amazing photos in this book and easy to follow recipes make it the perfect day to day cookery book for the whole family. We all love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book - good advice and easy to follow recipes., 21 Nov 2013
Suzanne - See all my reviews
A really excellent book with a very informative first section on children's nutrition including some general good advice on feeding them - not always an easy task in my experience. We have tried out a few of the recipes to great success so far, and although I wondered if my boys (can be fussy!) would take to some of the flavours I could not have been more wrong. The recipes are well laid out and easy to follow with great photos which are always a plus as I like to know what I am aiming for. My eldest boy has also expressed an interest in doing some of the recipes too - a real result! I will be using this book a lot in future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Go faster Food for Kids, 11 Nov 2013
I work advising people about sports nutrition and when talking through practical recipes I often point people in the direction of this book - and its predecessor Go Faster Food. Go Faster Food for Kids is a good book for any parents of sporty children and also contains some well written, easy to understand information about the bits of food theory that it's useful to understand. Enabling you to make the best choices for you and your family. All the recipes are wholesome and nutritious and while they may lean towards 'yummy' rather than a perfect nutritional profile, this is fine for all but the most clinical of top athletes. I've been eating the banana malt loaf this week and it turns out that even if you can't find 'Malt Extract' in your local supermarket it really doesn't take away from a great training snack! A great choice for any sports person interested in nutrition (and if you want to reap the benefits of exercise, you should be!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Every home with Children should have a copy of this fabulous book!, 24 Oct 2013
I am the Mother of two sporty boys and love to cook good healthy wholesome food. I already had a copy of Kate Percy's highly acclaimed 'Go Faster food' paperback book and found the nutrition information and recipes in that book so helpful when planning family meals for pre training and racing. A particular favourite recipe is the energy flapjack bars which i am convinced have helped my sons with their sporting achievements so far. When we heard that Kate Percy was working on a 'Go Faster Food for Kids' nutrition book we couldn't wait for it to be published. The book is packed full of fabulous nutritional advice specific to children from fussy eaters to top elite sporty kids. There are over 100 no nonsense healthy recipes beautifully illustrated in colour and marked with an icon as to whether it is Healthy, sustaining, pre- exercise, recovery, vegetarian or economy eating. Another nice touch is the addition of talented real 'Go Faster Kids' as case studies. Great to read about British Kids excelling in their various sports and what fabulous action photographs! WOW!!! I think this book is great and will certainly be recommending it to our school and sport club friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for a clueless dad!, 24 Oct 2013
I have two young kids at home. While I don't see any sporty aspirations in them yet I do encourage them to keep active and know their food. I'm almost useless in the kitchen and while their mum is a fantastic cook we are left with the odd day or evening where I have to provide and would rather not have to resort to sandwiches or frozen chips.
I took a passing look at this book from a colleague and picked up my own copy after seeing some pretty good ideas in there. There's a real mix of dishes my kids are already used to and new things they won't be afraid of trying.
I've also passed on the book to my wife whose book collection is mostly filled with those of celebrity chefs. She's liked it too.
There's plenty of information if your child is taking sport and nutrition seriously which is pretty good so I'd recommend it for all types.

5.0 out of 5 stars "We've ditched sugary shop bought cereals!", 28 April 2014
We bought Kate Percy's book through my sons' rugby club earlier this year and haven't looked back! I'd got into a bit of a rut at mealtimes and these recipes have completely changed our approach to food. We've ditched sugary shop bought cereals in favour of recipes like "crunchy granola", "maple and almond crisp" and "apple power pancakes" which are surprisingly simple to rustle up. The treat tin which used to be filled with chocolate bars is now stocked with Anzac cookies and go faster energy bars. No more oven chips .... sweet potato wedges instead! Have recommended Go Faster Food for Kids to all my friends and they have been similarly inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy book, 4 April 2014
Excellent book if you want to see your children eat well. My oldest son plays lots of football, rugby, swimming , and this books helps me fuel him up before and after sessions.My nephew eats with us after school on Fridays before we take them to football training, and he's now gone home and demanded his parents fuel him with energy smoothies and recovery shakes . They have bought the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Real fuel idea from a someone who knows, 21 Mar 2014
This is the second book I have bought from Kate. I must admit it is better for me than the first, because I am such a fussy eater (I try mother, I do try!) and so the kids meals are much better for my poor palette.

Two reasons why this book is spot on:
1. Kate cooks for her own hungry kids who love their sport.
2. Kate is passionate about food, but also practical about reality of balancing kids, budgets, time and having to race around as a taxi driver.

I would recommend it also to sport teachers and coaches. It helps sift through all those wives' tales, myths and mysteries about what you can and cannot eat. You may be surprised.

But we all know that a well-fuelled youngster concentrates harder, listens longer and plays better. What coach (or parent) doesn't want that.

PS The recipes are delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Go faster food is excellent, 26 Feb 2014
This book is fantastic for quick easy nutritious meals for active kids not only that, they are meals that the whole family can enjoy together especially of it's an active family like mine!
Particularly like some of the desserts & snacks as always looking for new ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars GO FASTER FOOD FOR KIDS, 19 Jan 2014
THIS IS A MUST HAVE BOOK PACKED FULL OF GREAT RECIPES FOR MUM'S WITH ACTIVE KIDS. MY SON'S ALWAYS ON THE GO KAYAKING, SURFING, BADMINGTON AND IS ALWAYS HUNGRY. RECIPES QUICK & EASY TO FOLLOW WITH GREAT TIPS & ADVISE. PARTICULARY LIKE THE ENERGY COUNT/NUTRITION VALUE BREAKDOWN AND THE GI TABLE.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›