5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and effective., 5 May 2014
p_roux (Espoo, Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sound of English: A Practical Course in British English Pronunciation (Paperback)
I would recommend this book (and indeed the Studio's courses) for anyone who believes that they may have issues with intelligibility either at work or in their studies. As a teacher I intend to use this book in my own teaching with EFL/ESL students and even in in-company training. The organisation of the book is logical and effective, a lot of thought (and experience) has gone into designing the lessons, the practice drills and the other activities. The book has a nice pace to it, so I think a lot of students could make quite rapid progress, especially if they have the motivation to practise a little every day outside the classroom. The book achieves a good balance between a necessary amount of theory (without blinding the reader with jargon) and a wide range of practical tasks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Sound of English (Paperback)
It's a very lovely book and I really enjoyed it . I would recommend it to anybody passionate about English phonology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Sound of English (Paperback)
I found it very interesting and useful. The teachers are fantastic. I would recommend this book to others.I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 Feb. 2015
I (an ESL teacher) love it. Just the necessary amount of theory, a lot of drill though, practical and focusing on all the important details to help you sound better!

4.0 out of 5 stars but I think I like it. Sounds interesting and surely I should enjoy ..., 12 Jan. 2015
I have not yet read the whole book and listened to the cds of this practical English pronunciation course, but I think I like it. Sounds interesting and surely I should enjoy it.

The Sound of English: A Practical Course in British English Pronunciation