5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book!
Published 23 months ago by Gavin Buxton

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely photos, poor copy
Overall, this is a lovely book with some fantastic photos and interviews with frame-builders at all stages of their craft, some just starting out and others with 60 years experience. The bicycles are a delight to look at, with some radical new designs alongside more traditional frames.

However, the thing which mars this book for me is the poorly-written copy...
Published 22 months ago by S. Burns

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book!, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: Made in England: The Artisans Behind the Handbuilt Bicycle (Hardcover)
I recieved my pre ordered copy of Made In England a couple of weeks ago, Being signed by the authors was a nice touch. Its a wonderful Hardback, thick paged book that oozes quality. The content is a amazing, A great insight into the minds and workspaces of some of the countries greatest framebuilders. I read it cover to cover the first time i picked it up, then spent hours browzing the awesome pictures. If you are any type of cyclist, or have a passion in metalwork or engineering, I cant recommend this book enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in England, 28 Jan 2013
Totally in love with this book-cant put it down. Every time I look at it, I learn some more-this is what I want to be

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love bikes, you'll love this, 7 Jan 2013
R. Palmer "Papa-p" (UK & France) - See all my reviews
I received this book as a Christmas gift and as soon as it arrived I sat down to begin reading it. The best part about the book is the insight that you gain from the interviews with each builder; their philosophies, their ideas, their stories.

The photography is quite good but much more on the arty side than the documentary style. That's OK but I would have preferred more pictures of the bikes too. Also, I found myself looking for the description alongside each photo to understand exactly what I was looking at. They don't exist in this book. That's a pity in my view.

On the whole though, I love this book and I wish that I had the money to go out and commission some frames from the builders that I liked most in the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars made in england, 5 May 2013
I was in two minds whether to buy this book, but I am glad I did. I am a great fan of anything made in England, and this goes into the workshops of many of my heroes. The price is steep, but it's a book I shall return to many times in the future to dream of owning one of these handbuilt beauties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tribute to British framebuilders, 25 Dec 2012
As a book production, this is simply wonderful. The design ecoes the best recent work in the cycling press in magazines like rouleur and Peloton. This means superb natural light photogaphy and great book design. Apart from that, the authors pick some of the finest contemporary builders. The book sadly contains one article. on Ron Cooper, that makes a splendid epitaph; Ron Cooper died in December 2012, and this is probably the last inyerview he gave. A wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive guide on British frame-building - old and new, 5 Dec 2012
I pre-ordered my copy and was delighted with it - this is the authoritative book on the great British bicycle frame-building tradition, encompassing interviews and photography with legends such as Ron Cooper and bringing it up to date with builders like Tom Donhou and Ricky Feather, the younger generation who are taking the industry forwards.

Kayti Peschke's photographs are what makes this book: she's captured each builder in situ, showing the grit and belief that underlines their work. Each profile is then finished off with profiles of finished builds and frame.

The book has a sumptuous, high-quality feel and is the perfect coffee-table accompaniment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great !, 1 July 2013
Superb: Nice stories, good insights and inside looks in the minds of great bike-builders. And a very good graphicly designed book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 1 April 2013
This is a great book for anyone interested in bike building. It has a lot of interesting information and the images are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for cycling fans, 21 Jan 2014
My husband loved this book.
It's beautifully presented, full of information and apparently fascinating !
Expensive but well worth it for a bike fanatic !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 21 Feb 2013
Bought this for our cycle crazy son. Beautiful book - he loved it - and even I as a non cyclist could understand his pleasure.

Made in England: The Artisans Behind the Handbuilt Bicycle
Made in England: The Artisans Behind the Handbuilt Bicycle by Ricky Feather (Hardcover - 30 Oct 2012)