4.0 out of 5 stars The Miracle- a story of survival from subarachnoid brain haemorrage, 24 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Miracle: One Musician's Amazing Struggle for Survival (Paperback)
This is the story of a musician's fight for survival and life after being struck by a subarachnoid jarmorrage, and the dangerous after effects of vaso-spasms, causing his life to hang in the balance on many occasions. This is well written in a good sized font, for those of us who are visually impaired. A readable tale of recovery not just of the patient, but for those around him. For those who have experienced the nightmare of a subarachnoid haemorrage, as I have, on the same day as the musician, just three years later, it is a useful account and story of some of the hurdles to be faced, but will also interest those who have not experienced such horrors because of the human tale of beating adversity, and the because of the information about the writer's links with the music industry. Moving and amusing at times, but a story of real life and of facing death.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 18 Jun. 2012
My wife was interested in this book after watching breakfast tv. Really enjoyed the book. The miracle is worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest an touching account of a determination to remain positive, 18 May 2013
I don't normally read these sort of books, the emotional journey, inspirational tales sort of stuff, but I have always liked her music, I have all of her albums and I thought she might be worth listening to on the page.

I wasn't disappointed. The style is like a friend chatting over a cuppa and she is refreshingly honest and unassuming in her description of her life, the events that unfolded, or the struggles she encountered. There is nothing sanctimonious or self conscious about her account of the desperation she faced, or the various types of alternative healing she tried.

She says things as the were and what she felt, and leaves the conclusions to the reader.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Easy, Inspiring Read, 3 Dec. 2012
I read this book on my Kindle while my family and I were going through a bit of a rough time. I didn't want anything to read that would be too taxing but I wanted to be absorbed. It turned out that this fitted the bill perfectly. I'd seen Red Sky July performing on breakfast TV and they had also talked about the story which is what made me put the book on my wishlist. The book is written in an easy style which quickly involves you in what happened to this young couple when tragedy struck. It says a lot about the power of love and the strength of the human spirit. It also helped me put my personal situation into some sort of perspective. Uplifting and inspirational - I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars never give up., 6 Jun. 2013
So uplifting Shelly brought back to life a very talented and sweet guy. It really is a miracle. Ally keep sharing your wonderful talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 5 April 2013
I was blown away by the amazing determination of both Shelly and Ally. An amazing account of a horrendous experience with the most uplifting ending. I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for anyone who has suffered from a SAH, 1 Jan. 2013
I wanted to read this after watching Ally and Shelly on BBC breakfast. I had also suffered from a brain bleed 5 Christmases ago. I wanted to try and understand what my partner and family went through during that awful time, because everything was so focused on me at the time and during my recovery its easy to take your loved ones for granted. Their experiences are awful but totally inspiring. Thank you Shelly for writing this book and sharing your darkest moments to give hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, 23 Nov. 2014
Easy to read, hard to put down, the account of Shelly and Ally's courageous fight against all odds. written in such a honest and genuine way you feel every high and low of this couple's struggle.
There are many stories of triumph over adversity out there but this one tops them all.
I bought the book after hearing of their story and seeing the band "Red Sky July" perform live, if you get the chance, do both, wonderful harmonies and Ally's great guitar playing are proof of the miracle.

4.0 out of 5 stars a terrific story of recovery, 31 May 2014
Mr. J. Waller "nc29" (London) - See all my reviews
Well written and moving. A terrific story of love and recovery. These people have a band too called Red Sky July who are really good and worth checking out

5.0 out of 5 stars The miracle ; by Shelley Poole, 13 Oct. 2014
Having gone through a very similar incident the book is very honest and a reminder that it is one step at a time. Both albums deserve a listen as you understand the path that a lot of individuals have crossed

The Miracle: One Musician's Amazing Struggle for Survival
The Miracle: One Musician's Amazing Struggle for Survival by Shelly Poole (Paperback - 6 Mar. 2012)