on 31 January 2013
This is a great book and has already inspired me! The ideas are simple with an emphasis on great tasting flavour combinations! Also plenty of useful advice is given throughout the pages. This book will be a much used addition to my bookshelf!
on 28 September 2011
I have had the privilege of seeing the proof for Joyce's book and everything Prue Leith says is true +++. Joyce has exceeded my expectations AND all the profits from the sales of her book support Save the Children's Born To campaign. What could be better ?!
on 6 December 2011
This is a great book from a wonderful chef and I'm so sorry she is no longer in Dartmouth at the splendid Carved Angel. I hope to get cooking very, very soon.
on 8 January 2012
Firstly I will start off by saying that whilst I do not own this book and will never own it, the title caught my eye when I saw it in a New Age "Head" shop recently & led me (Falsly it turns out!) to believe that this book would be full of Angelic/Higher consciousness foods that are All 100% Vegan or at least Vegetarian. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Whilst there are some Vegetarian recipes, there are also a lot of MEAT dishes as well. After seeing the recipe and accompanying photo for "Stuffed Duck Legs" (or something like that?) and Duck Liver whateverthehellitis!!!???, I could not help but shake my head in wonder at the sheer "bloody" hypocrisy of not only the "So Called!" New Age Shop who were selling it, but also of the authors for having the nerve to entitle the book "Angel Food".

When it comes to spirituality, I am pretty much as blind and confused as the next man (or woman) but always keep an open mind that anything is potentially possible, so when I see the word "angel", I naturally think it infers "Love" "Peace" and generally "All things Good & Spiritual" But as we all know, (or should know, if we weren't in such denial) there is nothing whatsoever "Loving" "Peaceful" "Good" or "Spiritual" about sending defenceless animals of any species to the Slaughterhouse to be terrorized, abused and have there throats cut. My point is, that whilst I'm sure this book has some wonderful recipes in it if you like eating dead animal muscle & fat; Please don't grossly mislead people with a title like "Angel Food" as it implies Spirituality, Love, and Kindness. Sadly this book will neither encourage or foster any of those things for anyone foolish enough to buy it. Maybe they could change the title to "Demon Food", then they wouldn't be so hypocritical! To sum up, I'm not saying to everyone, don't buy this book. If you eat meat, it may well be right up your street. But if you're hoping for a book to raise your spirituality or consciousness to a higher level of awareness, then you must look elsewhere, as this book will not only not help, but will actually seriously hinder your progress to becoming an Angel! So Vegetarians and Vegans, Avoid this book like the plague! You have been warned!
1515 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse