on 5 December 2013
Was born in one of these camps - very good info on all of the camps - brings back lovely memories of my childhood. Would recommend this book to all people who were born and brought up in one of these camps, when you have read through leave on your coffee table makes a great talking point when you friends come round!

Seller definitely recommended - the book is great.
on 30 December 2013
As someone who was born in a camp in England, was very interesting to learn more about the camps. Wish I had been more interested to get details when my parents were still alive. There is not much information out there on these camps other than this book.
on 7 April 2014
Brilliant! A magnificent nostalgic trip into the past of some Polish refugees settling in the UK. Whereas this book may not be suitable for absolute historians it is a veritable treasure trove of facts and pictures. It has been logically set out and I was astonished to find one of our abodes pictured in Springhill Lodges... Thank you Zosia for this outstanding publication, I'll treasure it forever.
on 31 May 2013
I have not had much of a chance to see this book yet, as am interested to hear the comments of friends of my Polish community, have a photograph of my mum and dads wedding in it.
This is something not only for me to read but also for my boys to have so they can learn a little about their Polish heritage. Really love looking at the photographs.
on 4 July 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book and looking at photos of times long gone by, in fact saw several people I knew. It also filled in gaps in my knowledge of what happened to families in these resettlement camps
on 5 February 2016
This is a fabulous and timely book for me as I am a child of a polish refugee family that grew up in the resettlement camps in England. The photographs describe religious, cultural life created by the thousands of displaced Polish people that wanted to build a new life and forget about the loss of country, familiar culture and language and family members that died or were left behind. The book documents people and places that are easy to find in the reference section. I shall treasure this book and can pass it on to my son who will understand in a more complete way. How despite being born in England, I was very much shaped by the 7 years I spent growing up on the Polish resettlement camp in Lubenham.
Alina Blakesley (née Manka)
review image
on 14 October 2014
A super book - my happy childhood is right here! As an adult now, it is very interesting to read about the policies, the how and the why of all these camps. Many thanks to the authors for collating all this information.
on 23 April 2015
Beautifully put together volume of photographs and stories. The paper used in this book appears to be almost indestructible, the heaviest weight paper I have ever seen in a book like this - well worth the price, because what you're getting is an archive.
on 19 April 2015