5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CCNA Study guide/resource
Published 11 months ago by Jonathan Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars In the words of Public Enemy - Don't Believe The Hype
This book may have a large number of 5 star reviews, I can assure you that this is not due to the quality of the content but is in fact just to gain access to additional material. Nice bit of bribery from Mr Browning there.

Anyway the book is designed primarily with those going for the 2 exam route in mind with the aim of getting you ready for ICND1 on day 30...
Published 10 months ago by Johnnio Martinez

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CCNA Study guide/resource, 17 Jun. 2014
I have held off writing a review on this book until I got a good way in to ensure that my review was based on experience of the content. Over the past year I have attended a local college and completed the four semesters of Cisco's CCNA Discovery, this was delivered one evening per week for 3 hours, plus access to the curriculum at home. Whilst the CCNA Discovery gave me a better understanding of networking I still felt that I was not confident enough in the CCNA Discovery to take the CCENT or CCNA, Cisco sometimes makes understanding concepts and theories quite hard, especially for someone who is not an academic, like me.

I bought the kindle version of this book in the hope that I would improve my networking knowledge further still, and I'm extremely pleased with the book, it is perfectly written for someone like me, Paul has structured the requirements of the exams into individual daily content, he explains concepts in layman's terms as much as he can, and I must say it does help, the fact that the book is called "CCNA in 60 Days" motivates you, each day he outlines the goal of that particular day, and each day ends with mini exam questions and labs for you to go through to gain experience, for the labs, use either a physical lab or Packet Tracer/GNS3 simulation software. I found the "personal trainer" approach keeps you motivated and on track.

It's a great book, that with your effort could result in you gaining a Cisco certification.

5.0 out of 5 stars This 2nd edition is THE book to quickly pass CCNA - providing you do the work of course., 17 Mar. 2014
Stick to this schedule - 2 hours per day for 60 days and there is a very good likelihood of passing the CCNA exams. Normally this could take 2 years, but this book is FOCUSED, clearly written and to the point. The excellent "motivational" appendix/chapter which was in the 1st edition as appendix F is now online only (I think) once you have purchased this book. Regarding value for money, this is incredible. Even if you don't want to go for the full CCNA course, it is a very useful book for Infrastructure and Solution Architects

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Mar. 2014
Well organised, easy to read material. Good value for money too at the current discounted price.

Highly recommended CCNA guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Cisco CCNA in 60 Days (Paperback)
I purchased this book a few weeks ago and I cannot recommend enough! Using packet tracer for the lab work and writing out notes as the chapters (split into days) went along as helped me grasp a good level of knowledge but easy to understand concept when it comes to whats expected to pass the exam. I previously done one year part time course to help me prepare for the exam and I can honestly say I have learnt more in the past few weeks than I did in the space of 9 months. Really well written and easy to understand. Every day I go through my notes to really let the information sink in. The lab work took me a few days to get used to but Iv worked hard at it and flying now. This book is extremely well written, easy to understand and split up into manageable chapters. After having used 2 other study guides in the past, I can safely say this is the best I have ever used. Theres some great tips and the end of chapters questions and labs are a brilliant edition. The illustrations really help to make you understand what the text is saying. I wish I found this book months ago! Big big thanks to Paul, Farai, Daniel and Dario!

5.0 out of 5 stars CCNA in 60 days, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Cisco CCNA in 60 Days (Paperback)
I've bought this book having been attracted by the title - I always thought that to be able to pass CCNA you have to study several months, and have extensive networking experience. I wanted to do CCNA some time ago, and was even studying for a while, but the amount of material and lack of experience put me off. When I saw this book on Amazon, and also looked inside, I thought why not to try this one. I bought it hoping that this time I would finally do it.
The book is so comprehensive and easy to follow, contains a lot of labs. The most important thing is it tells how much you need to study everyday, so you don't have to think about it yourself. I also followed the author's recommendation and bought a rack on ebay to get hands-on experience. I booked ICND1 for 27 June and see now I can do it and most of the material I already know.
I highly recommend this book - this is what you need to pass CCNA.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to pass the exam, 25 Mar. 2014
I bought the first 'Cisco CCNA in 60 days' book and choose the material because of the great reviews from those who share the same goals. Having passed my CCNA exam with the 1st book and the use of a PT simulator, the book provided guidance for self-study and straight to the point material, making it easier to know what to learn. An easy choice at such a competitive price.

4.0 out of 5 stars I believe in the title, 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Cisco CCNA in 60 Days (Paperback)
Well structured study guide. Having previously attempted learning Cisco material through self study I am finding this structured guide a breath of fresh air. A guide on what to study and when has greatly improved my knowledge of Cisco systems. I am currently working through the book (still in early days) and finding the concise guides, broken into daily study sessions works great with my study style. I would reccomend this book to anybody wanting to learn Cisco by direct instruction on what to learn followed up with the exact knowledge required to do so. Why only 4 stars? Well, it's early days and I haven't sat my exams yet so can't accurately comment on it's full usefulness ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well wriiten, gets you motivated to study, if you really want to gain the CCNA qualification buy this book., 8 April 2014
This review is from: Cisco CCNA in 60 Days (Paperback)
The book is split into sections/subjects to learn each day and these subjects are reiterated through the course so that the next time the subject comes up you recall what you read the previous time to help it sink in. As the author says you have to really want to pass the exam, to pass the exam. This will only help you pass in 60 days if you do 60 days hard study. You take the full CCNA exam after 60 days or split it in two as the book says. The first 30 days are to set you up ready to take the ICND1 exam and the last 30 days to take the ICND2 exam or the full 60 days to take one exam (CCNA). I have tried previously but this is really sinking in. Great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid reading for any would-be CCNA exam taker!, 22 Oct. 2014
Francis McNally (Motherwell) - See all my reviews
I've not quite finished reading yet, so this is only a thoughts-so-far review.

This is a good book. As simple as that. It deals with everything you need to know, so far, about the CCNA course content and has done a good job of preparing me to sit the individual Chapter exams on the Cisco Training Academy learning site. I like it and I'm enjoying reading it. I like the format, I like the way it's written and I am in general (apart from the really complicated stuff) enjoying the content.

Certainly worth the price - bought on kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, 5 Sept. 2014
Brilliant book, it works like an absolute charm. The overall structure of it is excellent, it's easy to read and take in the information, unlike other study guides. The OCG (WO) for instance it goes in depth and uses various analogies to understand the content, but it sometimes entirely misses the point.

I don't have a goal to achieve my CCNA within 60 days, since I'm using a wide variety of resources, but this is my main resource by far.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone that wants a resource that is straight to the point

Cisco CCNA in 60 Days
Cisco CCNA in 60 Days by Farai Tafa (Paperback - 3 Mar. 2014)