5.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet!
I only just discoverd Victoria Connelly a few months ago by reading "A Weekend with Mr. Darcy". This book was so romantic and heartwarming and funny, it left a big smile on my face for days. So of course I wanted to discover more about this lovely author. Her Jane Austen Addicts trilogy is an absolute must read for every romantic girl and every Jane Austen fan.
So...
Published 21 months ago by Giulia

2.0 out of 5 stars Disliked
Not for me. Shallow and sickly without any depth to the character's who all seemed so nice and boring that I kept forgetting who was who and had to 're read to check. First and certainly last by this author
Published 7 months ago by Maddie

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet!, 22 Oct 2012
So when I heard she wrote "Christmas with Mr. Darcy" I couldn't wait to read it. It was my very first ebook and it was a lovely experience. All the charachters from the previous books come back together again and it felt like being reunited with old friends. The charachters are so lovable and Victoria makes you feel like you really know them.
"Christmas with Mr. Darcy" is funny and romantic and keeps you longing for more. More about all these lovely characters and their passion for Jane Austen.
If you love Christmas and Jane Austen, this book is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas with Mr Darcy by Victoria Connelly, 7 Dec 2012
Dame Pamela Harcourt is an established actress, who is most well known for starring in television adaptations of Jane Austen novels. Dame Pamela now organises and hosts Jane Austen Conferences for Jane Austen fans. She is about to put on her first Jane Austen Christmas conference at Purley Hall. But when it starts to snow will the Austen addicts be able to make it? Then when Dame Pamela's brother Benedict who is always in a fix or trouble calls to say he is coming too and not long after he arrives a first edition of a Jane Austen book goes missing, will this become more like a whodunit than a Jane Austen experience?

A fabulous cast of characters that are so well written, that they could all easily have their own spin off books that would make great reads too. I can think of nothing better as a reader than to attend a Jane Austen Conference and how magical that would be at Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 25 Oct 2012
I am a huge fan of Victoria connelly's books so when I heard about this I was very excited to read it and I was not disappointed. Even from the beginning it made me laugh when one characters says to the other regarding a snow storm"pammy even earthquakes and tornadoes couldn't keep Austen fans away"from then I knew it was going to be a good book to read. What I love about this book it brings all your favourite characters from the other books together and you get to know what happened to them all. I would highly recommend reading the other books as they are just as good. A weekend with me Darcy which started it all for me is one of my all time favourite books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like being reunited with old friends, 7 Dec 2012
I am a huge fan of Victoria Connelly's Austen Addicts trilogy, so when I heard that she was returning to all those much-loved (by me at least!) characters for a Christmas novella I was thrilled. And I certainly wasn't disappointed! I feel like I know all of the characters inside out, it almost seems like they are old friends. Katherine, Robyn, Mia, Sarah, Kay, Doris... Even old busybody Mrs Soames, the bossy old lady who is never happy unless she's got something to complain about! I love the characters and they all share my passion for all things Austen. When they discuss different Austen adaptations and which actors they would like to see in different roles it was almost like Victoria Connelly had been eavesdropping on my own conversations!

And as for the male characters... Adam is lovely, Warwick is wonderful, and Dan. Oh Dan! I fell completely in love with Dan Harcourt in A Weekend With Mr Darcy so to see him return in this novella made me very happy indeed. If only he were real, I would love to have him under my tree this Christmas!

It was nice to return to Purley Hall, with the added bonus of a Christmas tree (and drunken angel!) Throw in a bit of a mystery and we have ourselves a fantastic little story perfect for a quick Christmas read! My only question to Victoria is... Will we see any more stories about these characters in the future? Pretty please?!

4.0 out of 5 stars ROMANCE, MYSTERY AND JANE AUSTEN AT CHRISTMAS TIME, 2 Nov 2012
"Christmas with Mr Darcy" is a light-hearted, delightful novella, Victoria Connelly has recenlty published as a sequel to her "A Weekend with Mr Darcy", "The Perfect Hero" (or "Dreaming of Mr Darcy" in the US version) and "Mr Darcy Forever" . I read the three of them with the same foolish grin mentioned above, it means I simply loved them all. They are all brilliant Austen-inpired modern romances full of references to Austen beloved works and all the dreamy places connected to her life and novels. Delightfully written with a light touch on reality, irony, and skillful characterization, they find a proper sequel in "Christmas with Mr Darcy" .

In Victoria Connelly's latest indie publication all the heroes and heroines of her Austen Addicts' Trilogy gather together to celebrate Christmas as well as their favourite author, Jane Austen. The great reunion takes place at Purley Hall in Hampshire because renowned actress, Dame Pamela Harcourt, is holding a special Jane Austen Conference.
Christmas is being celebrated in style and everybody's there: Katherine and Warwick, Robyn and Dan, Kay, Adam and Gemma, and Sarah and Mia. But, when the rare first edition of Pride and Prejudice Dame Pamela has recently bought goes missing, the guests have to forget the fun and games and turn detective...

The fun and games? Team contests, meetings with the cast of recent adaptations, watching Austen movies or series and discussing them among others. Those discussions were great fun to me: to read what Austen fans have to say after watching the movies or series scheduled at the Conference was like watching me and my Janeite friends in a mirror. The lady guests start talking animatedly about who the perfect new Mr Knightley , Mr Darcy or Captain Wentworth may be: Richard Armitage? Henry Cavill? Well, it was as if Victoria had turned us members of the enthusiastic community of Austenites into characters of her book (me included!) and our chatterings about Austen movies and favourite actors were tranferred from the online forums or from our sitting rooms to the guests of the splendid country mansion.

I also appreciated the addition of a bit of mystery in the style of the best whodunnit novels. There is no Poirot, no Miss Marple, but the puzzling situation is brilliantly solved by the lovely guests . Who's guilty of all the thefts taking place at the Conference?
Being snowed in is not a very pleasant situation in my personal experience , instead the snowy landscape adds a touch of fairy powder to the story. Would you mind being caught in in a wonderful mansion in Hampshire with all the comfort you need and in the best company you can wish? I'm sure you wouldn't complain. Especially after winning your own Mr Darcy and sharing the experience with him , as Katherine, Robyn or Kay do.

Grab your copy of Christmas with Mr Darcy and get ready to read it near the fire and under the Christmas tree. I bet you'll love it.

(READ MY POST ABOUT THE BOOK , INCLUDING THIS REVIEW, AT MY JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every page!, 23 Oct 2012
I have read all the Austin Addicts books, but this was my favourite, it brought all the previous characters together for Christmas and had a little mystery in it too!

I do love these books, you don't need to be an Austen addict to enjoy them, you just need to love a bit of romance punctuated by the odd misunderstanding or two.

A recommended read for Christmas - if you don't buy this you will be missing a treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 22 Jan 2013
A James (Newcastle-under-Lyme, England) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this, the story was delightful and it was great to revisit characters you had got to know and care about in the Austen Addicts trilogy. I just love it when you can find out what happened to them after the ending of the original novels and I really do hope that there are more novels to come about these characters. The setting of the novel was charming as always and written in such a way to make you wish that such a place existed so you could visit! Once again Victoria does not disappoint, her flair for romantic comedy and her love for Austen shines through. I can't wait to read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas with Mr. Darcy, 4 Jan 2013
This is lovely easy read for a cosy evening in front of the fire. Victoria Connelly is always a pleasure to read (not too complicated!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disliked, 17 Dec 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle let down, 15 Dec 2013
What a disappointment, Kindle! Shame on you! This was one of the 99 pence reads, but the errors in expression and sense, with words omitted and grammatical mistakes, spoilt the read. This is by no means the first daily deal read that has been presented in this slovenly way - Kindle needs to sharpen up!

Christmas with Mr Darcy: 4 (Austen Addicts)
Christmas with Mr Darcy: 4 (Austen Addicts) by Victoria Connelly (Paperback - 15 Nov 2013)
4.99