5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by Saralou

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear
So repetitive. The author could have got everything across in 30 pages rather than over a hundred. That said this book does offer an interesting and constructive approach to dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. Just very long winded!
Published 21 months ago by L. J. Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: At Last a Life (Paperback)
I bought this book after a recommendation from a friend and I was not dissapointed. The book covers just about every aspect of anxiety, panic and Depersonalisation and makes it very easy to read and understand and makes so much sense. You can also tell this was written by a real sufferer as everything he talks about is basically me at the moment. I have read a lot of books on the subject and this has had by far the biggest impact on me and nothing has helped me more, a total must read if you are a sufferer.

Sara

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: At Last a Life (Paperback)
Just want to say that I have beat anxiety in the past and that Paul's advice is indeed the best way to do it. The main difference between anxious and non-anxious people is that the first constantly care about how to overcome anxiety while the second just live their life. Constantly caring about anxiety actually magnifies it. If we however accept it as it is, just an uncomfortable feeling with many symptoms and live our life, things will get better to the point that we will totally recover and be stronger than ever. Do not care about every single symptom, do not care about worrying thoughts, just put a label on them: anxiety. They are just with you because of anxiety and they are as strong as you want them to be. My advice is to go out there and live your life no matter how you feel and give yourself a break. Socialize, start new hobbies, exercise no matter how you feel. And most importantly, be patient! Because the road to recovery will have many ups and downs but you will surely recover at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 6 April 2012
This review is from: At Last a Life (Paperback)
This book instantly made everything make sense and answered all the endless questions. I am still putting the techniques into practice but already this book has changed my life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop looking for answers, you've just found them., 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: At Last A Life (Kindle Edition)
Wow this book completely works. I have never written a review before but this book deserves 5 stars. I suffer from anxiety and depression, for me this book has massively helped both. Its a simple solution, not loads of different things to do, just one common theme runs through the book. I feel great!! You can too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best advice ever, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: At Last A Life (Kindle Edition)
Paul's advice is worth more than a million pounds to anyone suffering from anxiety . This is truly my best money ever spent on therapy x x if you are a sufferer of this illness and want to recover then read this book x Thank you Paul David x

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the only book worth reading, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: At Last a Life (Paperback)
Having a husband with crippling anxiety means I have probably bought every book available on this subject. I honestly think this is the only book that could make a difference. It promises no miracle fixes just sensible advice and I really think this could work. It's easy to read, there's no filling in of charts to rate your feelings etc and when you read it you just think 'this makes sense'. Husband is reading it now and then we've got to put the advice into practice. True anxiety is a terrible thing to live with and I'm feeling positive for the first time in a long time that we may be able to turn a corner with the help of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: At Last A Life (Kindle Edition)
This is a great book. I've learnt so much from it. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from anxiety and agoraphobia.
I wish I could rate it higher than 5 stars. Paul's book has helped me so much, he covers all aspects of the condition and his technique on how to recover makes perfect sense.

I have read so many books, and been to counsellors but trust me this book is all you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 21 Mar 2012
This review is from: At Last A Life (Kindle Edition)
Awesome book for those who want to begin the challenge of an anxiety free/prescription free life. Amazing insight and helpful tips to help you realize that you are not alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect book if you suffer from anxiety, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: At Last A Life (Kindle Edition)
If you suffer from anxiety this is the best book for you. It's much much better in my opinion than self help from your nerves, because it treats in much more details depersonalization. I am not fully recovered but I know from the bottom of my heart that I am getting there I will be again the old me. Thank you so much Paul for your help, time and dedication, for helping a lot of people dealing with this absurd feeling. I have read a lot of self help books and I have never left a review, but this one was different, was written from somebody suffered badly from anxiety. Thank you, thank you, thank you Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Got my life back, 27 April 2013
This review is from: At Last A Life (Kindle Edition)
Just like the title - i now have my life back. No more racing heart, no more panicking before going into a meeting. I only read 6 charpters of the book and i now feel better than i have in the last 15 years. I read the book for a week and my racing heart dissappeared. I dont usually review purchases, but i made an exception with this one because it changed my life for good.

I have been suffering from racing heart and lack of confidence for over 20 years - yes, you heard me right. this book just changed my life - how i wished i had found it soon.

No more racing heart at meetings, social events, meeting people etc.... I would like to thank Paul for this amazing book. I never knew you could changed your mind and brain when you stop trying to get better. Give your brain a rest and stop trying to get better like Paul said - stop asking yourself why you are feeling this way etc.........

Good luck - i hope this was helpful.

At Last a Life
At Last a Life by Paul David (Paperback - 20 April 2006)