5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, direct and enlightening. A wonderful read., 12 July 2013
I stumbled upon this title when searching a closely related topic, but it proved to be a very pleasant mistake on my part. Being a man, work and sex dominate my day to day life, even though in a Utopian world what I am getting of each would be very different.

You may think the book is aimed primarily at women, but it's just as enjoyable and enlightening for men. A lot of the principles are just as applicable to our own professional lives. As for those that aren't, they at least arm us with some greater knowledge of how the female mind works, which is no bad thing.

It's direct, succinct and each chapter comes with a bit-sized 'sutra' at the end. It's less self-help, more self-enlightenment written in a unique and engaging style and has set me upon the road to getting more of both.

5.0 out of 5 stars A version of Sanberg's"Lean In" for the other 99.9% of women out there, 10 July 2013
This review is from: The Kama Sutra of Work: Why Work is the New Sex and How to Make Sure You're Getting Enough (Paperback)
If you know you want to create value, create work and have a more playful and fulfilling life, this book is for you. But don't expect a wishy-washy, life is perfect, all-will-just-come-your-way approach, or for that matter dont' expect the usual 'the cards are stacked against you because you are a woman'. There's no time for that in this book. This is a hilarious read that mixes wisdom and self-awareness into a recipe of hard word, tough love and much needed light heartedness on the issues of woman, work, sex and getting down to business. It's hard to not try and weave some of the clever analogies of sex and work into this review as you soon realize that everything is connected and this book shows you why and how to use that fact and your own assets to your advantage. This book is definitely worth your time; suggest reading it with wine and friends. I'm still laughing as I write this...

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!!!!, 24 July 2013
Simply brilliant! A laugh out loud, must have read for every modern day business woman!! I promise you'll be hooked from the very start. Enough said! So go on, what are you waiting for...read it, laugh and be inspired!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I spent an ecstatic night in bed with this one!!!, 21 July 2013
All the experience of a top class player tempered with integrity and warmth.
Ingenious, entertaining but above all practical.
Hugely enjoyable and highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars How wonderful to mix business and pleasure!, 11 July 2013
Really enjoyed this read. In parts I was laughing out loud when recalling some of my work experiences and the language I've used!! Very refreshing and clever. Will be recommending this book to my girlfriends in business so they too can work out if their getting enough!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 23 Jan 2014
This is an entertaining, inspiring book intelligently written. I don't usually go for self help books but this surpasses the norm. Written in a format that is witty while delivering a helpful and meaningful message. Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, yes, yes!, 9 Sep 2013
Miss C. Grant "C.Grant" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
An honest and amusing take on the world we work in, delivered in a digestible and uplifting way. A little voice of conscience to remind us that we can all up our game and fulfill our potential, wherever it may lay. A great read and I love the Sutras at the end of each chapter, that provide a salient reminder of how we can be proactive in our endeavors. I'm sure even the most intelligent and assertive of women (and men) will take something they can use from this book. After all, this isn't a self help book, it's a help yourself book and it's all there for the taking...and the giving.

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Bible, 30 Aug 2013
This book is a breath of fresh air!!
Fun, humorous and yet honest this book has given me the inspiration and drive I needed to push myself further in both my working and sex life!
Live is far too short to have regrets to think what could have been.
After reading this book I will be posting the Sutras around my house and will be most certainly recommending this book to all my family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish my mother had told me ..., 29 Aug 2013
How to make your working life work for you? Often said but maybe one of the most important decisions some of us have never made.

Avril Millar's book rests on sound personal development & management principles, wittily delivered and so much more engaging than a more conventional approach. The sex/work analogy is funny without being tacky. It's a nice way to get the message across that you can be in control and achieve satisfaction & results in your career using the resources you possess. Millar demonstrates that assertive behaviour really does yield results and being passive doesn't work in the long run. The chapters are concise and each idea is presented in a manageable-sized chunk, so you don't lose the thread of what she's saying. I particularly like the way it's written from years of professional experience with lots of true-life examples rather than simply from a psychological standpoint.

The Kama Sutra of Work is a really encouraging and worthwhile read for anyone (male or female) who'd like the best out of their working life.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential read ..., 29 Aug 2013
The Kama Sutra of Work - what a title! I was immediately intrigued and once started, I could not put this down. As an avid reader of leadership and business books, this book ranks as one of the most innovative and at the same time, practical book around at this moment. Avril has a witty writing style, but dont be fooled by the humour ... the points she makes are ESSENTIAL reading for anyone in or about to approach working life. This is not a girls only book - it is a classic in the making. I could not recommend it more highly - and have now bought 10 books for all my close family and friends - here, in the US and in South Africa