on 24 October 2011
Lots of great ideas for warm-up games and co-operative games aswell as games to help children with listening, concentration and communication. As a Play Therapist I found lovely ideas for movement games and as an educator I found the role plays, action poems and children's plays very helpful. The instructions on how to play the games were simple and precise, giving an idea of the age each game was suitable for and the benefits of the games. Highly recommend this book to anyone working with young children as well as parents looking for some new ideas for games.
on 30 May 2016
I home educate my 5children and we have been looking at drama as part of our learning. After running out of my own ideas during roleplay I read this book andwill have soany ideas for the next year or more!

For us the games that are for larger numbers of people arent suitable but will be great used in larger groups. Some great games are included that I will make use of regularly even just as a family fun energy boost. The plays are great and such good variety as are the action poems and monologues . There really is liads to choose from so wether in a classroom setting, social club setting or simply to use at home this book will not dissapoint and is certain to entertain all ages and abilities! I will be buying the other books available from this author
on 24 October 2011
I found this book very useful. It was very simple to follow. The drama activities were very imaginative and creative and the students in my class enjoyed them very much. The plays were also simple but effective. Overall a very handy resource
on 19 April 2015
If you are looking for a fun book with drama activities for children, this would be it! I decided to download this for my daughter who loves drama and theatre. She wants to try out for her school play, so I figured that this would be a great book for her to learn more about techniques. There are a ton of games in here and role playing ideas. I don't know much about drama, so having this book really helped me to come up with ideas on what to start with when teaching her drama. She seemed to enjoy the fun activities and we had fun working through them together. I would recommend this one!
on 25 September 2012
I absolutely loved this book. As a busy preschool teacher im often stuck for ideas and this book is a wonderful asset to any classroom. Its great for ideas for fun games for circle time, for drama activities and for rainy days. The kids love all the games( magic rocks,musical hugs,jumping beans) are firm favourites. It also has some fantastic ideas for short plays for children. I would highly recommend this book.
on 17 December 2013
I would recommend this book highly to any teacher. I love the material itself, it is creative and fun and allows children to learn the principals of drama in a fun way. The real value of this and Julie Meighan`s other wonderful books though is the activities help build a co-operative and cohesive group with which to work.
on 31 January 2014
The book arrived promptly and has lots of good ideas to stimulate children's drama skills. I bought this with the book for the 9 - 12 age group as I am working with 7-9 year olds and I am finding it very useful to dip in to both.
on 7 January 2014
Some brillant games for all ages and some can easily be adapted to be made more exciting still! The children in my drama club love these games and warm ups. The plays also look good and quite funny!
on 29 November 2013
My kids at kindergarten really like the games in this book. I would certainly recommend it. This is the firt time I'm teaching Drama and I'm just soooo happy I found this!
on 16 December 2013
Good little book. Nothing very new in it but well set out and easy to follow. Worthwhile as an extra to the usual range of books of this kind.