5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant thrid installment, 1 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Wave Hunter (Paperback)
I finished Wave Hunter last night and just wanted to say that I thought it was fantastic!
It has been a long time since I read the first two, but this one seemed like the main area of story, as if the first two were setting the scene ready for this moment. It was deeply real and I could identify with Tegan, feel her emotions and the constant undercurrent of restlessness and anticipation to realising her destiny, seeing the phrophecies come true and know in her heart that she had helped to save her country. Characters like Tonn, Keiran, Wolf and all the people she grew, even only slighly, close to along the way, beautifully played out allt he areas of her thought process of 'this is why I have to do this'; Tonn as her handfasted man and her genuine love for him, Keiran representing the common Britton at the time - all the people without such strong voices, Wolf as her link to the past - the people she has already had to say goodbye to. It is a darker, more danger-filled book, dealing with some things that are hard to explain, but none of it feels unacheivable in the real world. I know Beth Webb had said that most of the 'magic' that happens in the previous two books are simply illusion and totally explainable, but even here, where the fire-making, mirror-reading and more mysterious 'magic' happens, it still has an appealing tangibility.
Really, really worth reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Wave Hunter left me gushing tears for hours., 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wave Hunter (Paperback)
I have lost the last three weeks of my life in a whirlwind of celtic times, romans, druids, mystery and magic. In that time I have read through from Star Dancer, Fire dreamer and finished in tears at the conclusion of wave hunter.

The main character, Tegen, reminds us all of the rebellious child we were or wished we could be. The magical and historical details illustrated in the story telling by Beth Webb make this uninteruptable reading.

Fantastic books, really beautifully written and so creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing book by Beth Webb, 29 Aug. 2014
The 3rd book in the star dancer series (and my personal favorite). Another amazing book by Beth Webb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2015
Great end to an exciting series. Learned a lot too

Wave Hunter
Wave Hunter by Beth Webb (Paperback - 31 May 2011)
Used & New from: £5.35