5.0 out of 5 stars A+++++, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Annie, the Doll, its Thief and her Lover (Paperback)
What a fantastic read, it had me gripped right from the start. She makes all the characters come to life and makes you want to find out more. Will absolutely recommend <3

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read which left me wanting more., 20 Jan 2012
Having grown up in Rossendale where this story was set I recognised the physical and cultural landscape of the story straight away. I loved the way it was written; the descriptions of places, people and feelings are somehow gentle, romantic and engaging. You can tell that the author has great affection for the area, as well as the different types of people that live here. Even if I hadn't grown up in Rossendale I would still have enjoyed the story and the style of writing. The actual story itself hooked me on a number of levels - it had a bit of otherworldly spookiness as well as a dash of romance. When I say romance I don't just mean between people; there is romance between the people and the landscape, which almost becomes a character in itself - definitely worth a read.

Annie, the Doll, its Thief and her Lover
Annie, the Doll, its Thief and her Lover by Jackie Trippier Holt (Paperback - 24 Nov 2011)
4.46