Published on 18 Mar 2012 by Richie crew

1.0 out of 5 stars Good but better things on utube
Bought this as a revision aid for my grandson. He listened to the songs and some of the words stuck but I found better revision iads on utube. The booklet was fairly useful for a high level revision guide but again I found much more useful info on the web.
Published 22 months ago by cyberfish

5.0 out of 5 stars Well well worth the few pounds to support her English GCSE..., 18 Mar 2012
This review is from: Of Mice and Men: The Ultimate Audio Revision Guide: GCSE Success the Easy Way (Ultimate Audio Guide) (Audio CD)
Ok I brought this guide for my daughter with the thought that even if she only used it once she would get something out of it that might give her a few marks in her exam (which she will be taking this summer). We tried it on the school run. At first I was dubious this is clearly no Rap or Rihanna, and I thought we would both find that I had wasted a few quid, but our heads were soon bobbing along. The songs are certainly catchy. I've never actually read Of Mice and Men, but I feel like I know the characters, plot and background really well. My daughter has now put the album on her iPod, and regularly listens to it. I think it has made a huge difference (which is the reason why I felt compelled to write this review).
Lastly I have found myself walking around with Lennie's song stuck in my head which kind of proves that it must work, and I'm not even taking the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Of Mice and Men Revision Rocks Audio CD, 5 Dec 2012
This is a fantastic product that is fun. The information provided sticks inside your brain easily as you cannot help laughing at the songs. Both my son and daughter have used the cd in conjunction with their GCSE English and it has really helped them so much. I have looked hard for products to help with their revision and I cannot fault this one. The whole family can join in if you play the cd in the car. Brilliant!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic revision tool, wish I had bought it earlier, would definitely recommend, 7 May 2014
I was a bit sceptical about ordering this cd for my daughter who is currently studying for her English lit GCSE exam, I wondered if it would end up on her shelf gathering dust... However she has it on her iphone and we listen to it in the car, it is a great revision tool, the songs are catchy and so memorable I think I could have a good stab at this part of the exam without reading the book !! I have recommended to all my friends, wish I had purchased it so much earlier... Also I emailed for the free bonus content which consists of model answers, revision cards etc and I received these in my inbox within a couple of hours... What a great service

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide!!, 29 Nov 2012
A top guide, why hasn't anyone done anything like this before? Learning though spoken word and songs is definately the way forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Resource!, 29 Nov 2012
I am teaching my Year 10s "Of Mice and Men" in order to prepare them for a literary reading controlled assessment. I bought this guide to use with them to keep their enthusiasm up when faced with the controlled assessment, which they find really hard. It has really worked and I've been using the songs as a bit of a bribe to keep them working. Thanks for keeping my class going!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good revision guide, 13 May 2014
A good idea to use songs and a summary of each area of revision. My children enjoyed listening to this in the car - a captive audience!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Feb 2014
Brilliant find. Mother of four, wish I had found these cds for my first son. So useful, clever catchy and a great study aid. Wish they did them on all the texts they study.

4.0 out of 5 stars GCSE prep, 3 Feb 2014
Got this one for my son who is currently doing this as part of his GCSE course. We have been listening to it in the car so he cannot get away. A great way to revise without knowing it

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 8 Dec 2013
fab a great chance for daughter to keep up with the subject as she couldn't manage in xclasstime due to learning needs

5.0 out of 5 stars a great guide, 22 April 2011
I bought this audio guide for my son who is taking his GCSEs this year and I was worried that he was falling behind. This guide really works; It's the first timne I have ever seen him revise without looking stressed.

Usually dispatched within 9 to 13 days