4.0 out of 5 stars Marketing made easy

3.0 out of 5 stars All Pretty Obvious Content
Published 21 months ago by Mr S I Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars Marketing made easy, 19 Sept. 2011
A. J. Irvine (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Quickly Grow Your Accountancy Practice: By Acquiring and Keeping the Clients You Really Want (Hardcover)
A simple and easy-to-use system, which takes you through both the `why' and the `how' of growing your accountancy practice. I would urge anyone who is serious about growing their accountancy practice to make time in your busy schedule to read this book because if you put in place even a handful of these ideas you will start to see immediate improvements in the success of your marketing function

3.0 out of 5 stars All Pretty Obvious Content, 28 July 2013
This is an expensive book, £29.97 for under 180 pages. I thought it might have been justified if it contained privilged or revolutionary information, but in my opinion (and I have read several books on marketing before) it contained nothing that I did not already know and as such I found it an extremely overpriced disappointment. If you are serious about starting/growing a successful accountancy and taxation practice, my advice would be don't waste your money on these sort of books, or expensive monthly subscriptions into systems to grow your practice.....simply network and you will get excellent referrals if you treat your contacts courteously and with respect. Networking and politely asking for business is free and in my experience works every time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Demystify the dark art, 19 Sept. 2011
"How To Quickly Grow Your Accountancy Practice really does demystify the 'dark art' of getting new clients and I'm no longer overwhelmed by the prospect of growing my practice. I am totally convinced that a practice following the programme set out by Steve and Richard in this book cannot fail to grow."

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, wish i had all this information years ago!, 19 Sept. 2011
If you just do one thing, make sure you read this book. This system has worked wonders for us. Let's hope my competitors don't read it. I have been using the full system for 6 months and the results have been beyond amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review How To Quickly Grow Your Accountancy Practice, 24 May 2012
If you want to grow your Practice this is a must read for you. My own Practice has used techniques set out in `How to Quickly Grow Your Accountancy Practice..' and put simply it works. If you don't want to improve your Practice then this is not for you. The choice is a no brainer. Steve Hackney provides the business growth inspiration and Richard Brewin the practical aspects and it is a very interesting read.
Andrew Gerrard, Harding Lewis Limited, Chartered Accountants

5.0 out of 5 stars Advice to South Manchester Accountants, 19 April 2012
If you're an accountant in South Manchester, then definitely do not read this book and do not talk to it's authors... I don't need the competition! If you're elsewhere and you're serious about marketing and growing your practice,and at the same time adding significant value to the services you provide to your clients, then buy this book and having read it, pick the phone up and call Steve or Richard. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 19 Sept. 2011
Before I read `How To Quickly Grow Your Accountancy Practice' I thought that marketing was an art which was why I was not very good at it. As a numerate person, I had none of the artistic and literate skills that were needed. The lesson I learned from Steve and Richard is that marketing is less of an art and more of a science. If you follow well-designed and tested procedures you can deliver a predictable outcome and pick up much more work of the type you want. Not only do Steve and Richard get this message over in an expert manner, they teach you how to apply the five Ms of marketing and those crucial nine Marketing Assets that have to be present in every single successful media piece. I have long been aware of the need for effective marketing in the accountancy profession. Steve Hackney and Richard Brewin explain lucidly exactly how to do it.

Used & New from: £29.97