5.0 out of 5 stars they've done it again!!
Once again the Nosh guys have produced a brilliant cook book. Easy to follow, quick yet high quality meals! The cooked meals actually look like the photo's suggests they should! I have all the Nosh books and I can say I have yet to be disappointed. This is a great Christmas present for friends and family.
Published 22 months ago by Rach

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many tomatoes !
Just received this book and I'm a bit disappointed. My family are not terrible eaters but none if them like tomatoes or mushrooms and they seem to be in every recipe - shame. I will be trying some of the recipes though
Published 3 months ago by Vicky Gilbertson

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 'can't and won't' cook!, 28 May 2014
L Smith (Totteridge, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nosh for Busy Mums and Dads: A Family Cookbook with Everyday Food for Real Families (Hardcover)
I am, in complete honesty, a useless and lazy cook - pasta and a microwave are my usual staples in the kitchen! I bought this book because it appeared to have simple, clear and achievable recipes. In reality, it totally does! It was time that I started cooking some decent meals for both myself and my daughter (and not rely on my foodie and cooking loving husband!) and this book has surpassed my expectations by being very easy to follow and all the recipes that I have tried so far were tasty and my daughter really enjoyed them I am actually enjoyed making them! I think this book really does make it simple for someone like me, to whom cooking is a low priority, even to helping me know what staples I need to keep in my cupboard in order to be able to make the recipes without frequent ingredient hunts at the supermarket.
I am looking forward to attempting more of the recipes soon! A must buy for anyone who wants to cook well for their children and needs a little straightforward guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 22 May 2014
I don't write many reviews but for this book I am happy to make an exception. I was really struggling to come up with interesting and varied meals for my kids (aged 4 and 1) that they would eat and this book has saved me! Dead easy, healthy recipes that get gobbled up. Brilliant. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 13 April 2014
claire (manchester) - See all my reviews
I have had numerous books in the past. this book is fab. the recipes all have great pictures, the ingredients (of which most you would have in store cupboard) are not too exotic or pricey. great ideas. realistic recipes for realistic families!!!!

the nosh for students is even better - fas,t cheap, easy, budget dishes. fab

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cookbook I've got & the most used!, 28 Mar 2014
I have dozens of cook books & I'm a qualified chef but cooking on a daily basis for 2 young children & my partner was getting a bit boring & I was running out of ideas! This book is by far the best book I've got in my collection. It is used so often I don't think it's ever been on my bookcase since I bought it. It just stays in the kitchen. I have cooked most of the meals now and can say that I haven't been disappointed by any of them. They are all very easy to follow & the ingredients are very easy to find when doing the usual grocery shopping - no need to go to specialist shops when you are dragging 2 kids along. Our favourite has to be Desperate Dan's Cow Pie - easy to make, tastes great & the kids love it. Cannot recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars My most used cook book, 28 Feb 2014
Sarah Hayward (Highams Park, London) - See all my reviews
I have so many recipe books on my shelf that I cook 1 or 2 dishes from. This book certainly does not fall into that category. Going back to work full time after my first baby made me panic about how I was going to get food on the table on time that we would all eat. Recipes from this book feature each and every week - and this week's meals are planned entirelly from the book. With a little preparation the night before I can have dinner on the table within 30-40 minutes of walking through the door. What a brilliant book!

4.0 out of 5 stars A really great book for family meals, 2 Jan 2014
I ordered this book to give myself and my partner some inspiration for quick easy mid week meals. So far we have tried about ten recipes, all have been really easy to make and very tasty. Great for families with little time but who want something made from fresh and not prepared

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 28 Oct 2012
This is one of those cook books where the pages quickly get dirty from the amount you use it. It covers all bases, the weekly meal planners, cost, ease, a range of delicious meals and pictures, pictures, pictures! Highly recommend the coffee shop cookies for an afternoon treat. My children are young and very honest but so far, no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant NOSH book, 23 Oct 2012
In my opinion, the NOSH team have achieved the impossible and produced a book which is even better than the student books. This book is beautifully presented and is absolutely packed with delicious recipes and helpful information. I really like the way that families have tested the recipes and written short reviews for some of them. I bought this as a Christmas present for a family with very small children - I will be buying copies for other families as well as I think that this is a recipe book which will get used every day rather than end up on the shelf.
UPDATE TO ORIGINAL REVIEW - I've now bought a copy of this book for myself as it is so good - I had my nephew, his wife & their three young boys to spend the day with me last weekend - I cooked the Pastitsio which was very easy to make ahead of time so only needed to be baked in the oven when the family arrived - I didn't have any as I am vegetarian but it was voted a big success & disappeared very quickly. I also made the lemon version of the cheesecake which went down very well with five out of the six of us (the smallest child ate two portions!) and the orange cookies which were absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to try the soup recipes as the soups in the student books are fantastic and I am also looking forward to baking more cookies & cakes. My nephew & his wife are planning to buy the book as they were so impressed with it. I would highly recommend this book as the presentation of it is well thought out, it contains so much information, is easy to use & the end results are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Recipes, 19 Jan 2013
This is such a good collection of family meals.
First came across Joy May's recipes when I bought my son the student book before he started University.
When I saw that this new "Nosh" book was available I knew it would be a good buy.
I no longer have a family at home full time but I am still busy working & like new ideas for meals that can be easily cooked when I get home.I already have a big collection of cookery books but I have found plenty of new ideas in this one.
It is split into a number of sections including quick bites, everyday fast food,food to make at weekends, old classics, special days, kids parties & budget days. There are even special chapters with cake, cookies & dessert recipes as well as suggested weekly menus.
I have tried a number of the recipes & without exception they have all been very simple to prepare & tasted delicious & some of them would be ideal to use when entertaining friends at home.
The layout of the book reminded me of the two Fay Ripley cook books & I think that anyone who has loved these would find this book equally inspiring.
Great easy to do recipes with great results & without having to buy numerous odd ingredients that you will never use again. Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the title!, 22 Oct 2012
This book is a great buy, it contains lots of recipes from traditional classics to favourite world cuisine dishes. All recipes are broken down into basic and easy to follow steps which you can follow with ease whilst you cook, this is especially good for me as a male who has difficulty in multi tasking! I have also found the additional information provided such as the cost per person and ease of cooking helpful indicators. An interesting and again useful chapter of the book is devoted to budget meals which are economical yet still tasty.