5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 7 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Sugared Orange: Recipes and Stories from a Winter in Poland (Hardcover)
This is by far the best book on Polish cuisine and customs that I have come across. It is so amazing that I wish I had written it:-). The recipies are beautifully interwoven with the stories of Polish customs which all Poles grew up with. Thank you Barbara and Simon for tantilising my tastebuds and bringing to life my childhood memories! I loved the recipies, not all familiar to me I must say but all wonderful nevertheless. I cant wait to finish trying them all!
I hope they are busy planning the third tomb covering Easter!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, I could smell and see all the ..., 28 Jun. 2014
A beautiful book, I could smell and see all the tasty treats of my childhood. It is one of the loveliest books about Poland , about food , about customs and above all about the beauty of this country. For quite a long time , we Poles were treated like an ugly duckling, like people without any culture and nothing to offer. Look at the free Poland now, read about the beauty of our Easter or Christmas celebrations or the simplicity of everyday eating. This book makes me proud to be Polish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 30 Aug. 2014
Anyone with any polish heritage will love this and remember family, feasts and trips to lovely aunties.
It is such a beautiful book.
It feels like the culinary journal I wish I had the skills to assemble.
The food it just like my mum's, so must be good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning illustrations., 23 Feb. 2015
My husband gave me this book for Christmas 2014 to remind both of us of a lovely holiday in Krakow. This book is as good as the first one, 'Rose petal Jam,' having beautiful illustrations depicting Beata and her husbands's travels around Poland, as well as excellent instructions on many polish recipes. The book is a feast to your eyes as well as explaining how to create traditional Polish dishes. Interspersed throughout the book are Beata's childhood in Poland and the life of her Grandmother; Mama Druga. I have made some of the recipes already which are accompanied by beautiful illustration of each recipe. This book is a poignant reminder of our holiday, who can forget the stunning backdrop of the Tatra mountains?

5.0 out of 5 stars I wanted each picture to bring back that familiar childhood smell, 5 April 2014
I love this book too but sugared orange is more of a recollection of a childhood with a few recipes. I cried when I read it. I wanted each picture to bring back the smells of my childhood. The recipes are great too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Joyful winter cooking, 28 Nov. 2014
Although it is more a story/foto book then a recipe/cook book, the wonderful design and the beautiful pictures make it a valuable piece for cold winter evenings for both cooking and reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!!!, 7 Nov. 2014
A gorgeous book that would be more appropriate for a coffee table! I'm not Polish but any Pole would love this book with its stunning pictures and memoirs of a Poland of yesteryear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked the story and the food too, 24 Jan. 2015
Was a present, book is more a story book with traditional Polish recepies. Liked the story and the food too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sept. 2014
Beautiful photos and good recipes. Worth getting. Book with a difference. Nice, sentimental read.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book looks lovely!, 9 Dec. 2014
Haven't read it front to back as its a gift but anyone will enjoying flicking through it.

Sugared Orange: Recipes and Stories from a Winter in Poland
Sugared Orange: Recipes and Stories from a Winter in Poland by Simon Target (Hardcover - 17 Oct. 2013)