5.0 out of 5 stars great spinning book, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: how to spin: just about anything (Paperback)
I really liked this book. It has things for both complete beginners and for more experienced spinners and it covers both hand spindles and spinning wheels in all sections.

I found the fact that it had lots of photos very helpful and it is broken up in to easy to read sections making it simple to find things.

The explanations are clear and easy to follow and the book is a handy size and paperback making it easy to use.

I have heard that the author teaches some great spinning courses.

How to Spin: Just About Anything

5.0 out of 5 stars The spinning book to own, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: how to spin: just about anything (Paperback)
This is an excellent clearly written book that covers all the principles of the basics of spinning. It is written by a well known, well loved and respected practicioner and teacher of spinning in an informative, encouraging and easy to understand style. It is plentifully illustrated with black and white photographs which are clear and helpful. It has a place on the bookshelf of every spinner whether you are a beginner or experienced. If you are a beginner this is the first book I would reccommend that you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all spinners, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: how to spin: just about anything (Paperback)
I have been spinning for a year now and use this book frequently for information.
It explains the steps very well and is easy to look up queries I have.
I would highly recommend this book for all spinners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like having a teacher at your elbow, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: how to spin: just about anything (Paperback)
This is the book you need if you are starting to spin either on a wheel or a drop spindle. It tells you waht you need to know to get started and to improve - thnk you - it even got me spinning fine singles on my new wheel within a matter of minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 23 Feb 2014
Richard Smithston (Wiltshire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: how to spin: just about anything (Paperback)
I was recommended this book as I am a complete beginner. It's very early days for me but I can tell you that this book is going to be my constant companion. I can't imagine a more complete guide to spinning for the beginner. It also stretches out to more advanced techniques when you're ready.

What I really appreciate about this book is that it is also a great guide to wool and yarns in general. It introduces you to sheep breeds, fleece preparation, carding and alternative yarns like bamboo etc.

A happy purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars good start., 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: how to spin: just about anything (Paperback)
I already spin a little but there was a lot I didn't know. This book gives lots of help. Easy to follow advice and instructions. A good buy

how to spin: just about anything
how to spin: just about anything by Janet Renouf-Miller (Paperback - 17 Jan 2012)
11.66