5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference tool
I've spent my career in media sales, selling tv airtime and then licensing tv rights, trying to convince executives to see the potential in films and TV shows. I know I still make mistakes in meetings but one of the most enjoyable but challenging parts of my job is mentoring and coaching my team to really push themselves in those difficult pitches, the ones that could go...
Published on 27 Jun. 2011 by anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too long
Based on the number of 5 star reviews, I bought this book as I have been involved in a number of pitches and wanted some fresh perspective on refining my pitching techniques.

While the book makes a number of useful suggestions, my main gripes with this book are that
Published 10 months ago by G Marwaha

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and practical, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Pitching Bible: The Seven Secrets of a Successful Business Pitch (Paperback)
As an independent consultant, I have been recommending " The Pitching Bible" as a useful source of insight and practical application for high potential people in many types of business. It manages to balance the insight with the practical - making it a really useful resource for those keen to achieve results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too long, 18 Sept. 2014

(1) the author seems to have been paid by the page. It's way too long - probably about 80% too long. It's incredibly verbose, I believe that the author has now produced a pocket Pitching Bible - and perhaps those considering buying this book should look at that first.

(2) rather than simplifying the pitching process, the author introduces a plethora of ideas, techniques and tools to be used during each of the seven stages he describes. It's all a little OTT and I've struggled to remember most of them without having to constantly refer back to the book.

Overall, I'm not sure how much life is left in these "How to..." books. There's plenty of information freely available on the internet - and in a much more digestible format. If you're still keen on this book, suggest you give the pocket version a go before looking into this one.

The Pitching Bible: The Seven Secrets of a Successful Business Pitch