5.0 out of 5 stars Paperback ( poetry perfection ) writer.
As a newcomer to poetry i found this book accessible,refreshing,honest and entertaining. The author carries you along a journey of emotions of worship,laughter,sorrow and love. Love that we can all empathise with from personal experience,for family and friends,love that is unrequited and of course love that is sensuous and passionate.
The book's eight chapters all...
Published on 25 May 2010 by C. D. Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
This book lacks sophistication and the poetry has a childlike feel to it. Unless you adore Rafael Nadal then you are wasting your time, very disappointed I am returning the item for a refund There is nothing to suggest that Rafael Nadal is focus of the poetry when you buy the book that should be made clearer before you purchase.
Published on 5 Dec 2010 by Micki Brighton

5.0 out of 5 stars Paperback ( poetry perfection ) writer., 25 May 2010
This review is from: The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse) (Paperback)
The book's eight chapters all have different themes,some that either make you laugh,that you can identify with or bring a tear to your eye. This is a book that rewards you every time you read it and i do not hesitate in recommending it as a treat for yourself or a gift to friends or lovers. You will not be disappointed !

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful work!, 31 July 2010
I first came across the poems of Juliette Westbrook-Finch as a fan of Rafael Nadal. Having read some of her poems dedicated to Rafa I felt that wanted to read some more of her work, so obtained this book.

I'm so glad I did. Juliette has a real talent for writing from the heart and the style in which she writes makes it easy to identify her thoughts and experiences with some of ones own. I particularly liked the poems she has written referring to her family and friends - some of which I found very moving and could relate to my own experiences.
But above all Juliette has a refreshing style which matches the speed of contemporary living and encourages us to take time out and think about the everyday aspects of our lives, our hopes and our dreams.
A very worthwhile read - which I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Poetry of Passion ( for people with a pulse ), 7 April 2010
Mrs. P. Slade (London U K) - See all my reviews
Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves poetry and even those who think they don't because it's so down to earth, easy to read and identify with and will appeal to all ages.

I have many poetry books but none are as well put together as this one with its chapter introductions , which in some cases contain a glossary of terms used; it flows beautifully and it touches on every emotion you've ever experienced from elation to confusion and deep yearning. You can't fail to be moved by it and identify with it if you have a heart!

The poems really do create a movie in your mind as it says in the description and the title is so appropriate as I think it will appeal to everyone with a pulse!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book of love poems, 12 April 2010
Ms. Linda T. Miller (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The poems are written from the heart and I could really relate to a lot of them having felt exactly the same feelings. I also love that there is a humour to many of the poems and reading them definitely brings a smile to my face.

I am a person who has dreamt all her life of finding the perfect love... and these poems really express so much of what I have felt in my heart too.

I love to pick up the book and read a few of the poems to relax, to cheer me up, and to feel those wonderful feelings of love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight from the Soul, 12 May 2010
Well what can I say but this book of poetry is written straight from the soul. It is definitely full of passion but also humour, sometimes sadness, deep emotion and adulation. Anybody who loves poetry especially love poems will relate to this and anybody who is a Rafael Nadal fan will want to buy this book. I'm a big Rafa fan and reading Juliette's poems struck a deep chord inside of me, the feelings and thoughts she shared is exactly as I feel, she has such a way with words and rhymes. Some of my favourite Rafa poems are:
" A Fan's Feelings", "Vintage Nadal", "The More We Know the More We Love" (that's really special), "We're Here For You Rafa", "The Many Sides of Rafa", "Your Famous Arse" (now that was naughty and cheeky, but I loved it - made me laugh so much), and I found "Amazing Disaster" so funny. There are so many other great poems within this book like "Tribute to Grandad" - such special memories, "Friendship" - what a friend should be and "Natural Love" - so beautifully written. This is a book I will pick up again and again to read - Bravo Juliette!
I hope you continue to write many more as you definitely have me hooked :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars I definitely have a pulse!!, 13 April 2010
L. Mandato "Miss L Mandato" (England) - See all my reviews
I have bought this book and I think it is enjoyable, witty, amazing, sad, funny and written with thought and love. I want to keep turning page after page and wished it hadn't of ended. If you love poetry, you will love this book, if you love Tennis, you will love this book and if you don't love either, you will STILL love this book. An ideal present and an absolute joy to read. Much praise for the author. Congratulations. Miss L. Mandato.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it from cover to cover - You'll be glad you did., 3 Sep 2010
I love this collection of poems and the fact that the author explains in the introduction that she wrote them between 1980 and 2009 because it's like taking a journey from young teenage innocence to sensual womanhood.

Two of my favorite poems are "Unbelievable" and "Your skin" which I found to be sensual and provocative..

All the poems are written in an easy to read and to relate to style and cover many aspects of love with passion, humor, sadness and joy.

The chapter about Rafael Nadal is wonderful, I absolutely love it and found it brings back memories of past matches, which was like re-playing them in my mind and I love the imaginative "daydream" type of poems that all fans who have a crush on any idol will identify with.

I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading more from this down to earth author, who is in touch with the feelings of real people.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book with lots of passion!, 18 May 2010
Donna Connolly "Rafafan" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic - it is a really great read, with a selection of poems for everyone and would make an ideal gift. If you are a tennis fan especially (Rafa Nadal) there is a whole chapter dedicated to him, and I would recommend that every fan should have a copy. Keep up the good work Jules, I am waiting for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Passion!, 29 May 2011
Catriona Foy (1 Roseville Avenue, Muckross Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry) - See all my reviews
If your looking for a poetry book full of passion, well look no further!Each poem is unique and comes from the heart.SO BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Peotry of Passion, 28 Jan 2011
Having read a friends copy of this book, I felt this was one that I wanted for my own collection. A beautiful example of work written straight from the heart. An ideal present for someone you love, Valentines ! Well done Juliette, look forward to your next book.

The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)
The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse) by Juliette Westbrook-Finch (Paperback - 31 Mar 2010)