5.0 out of 5 stars life changing book!
Published on 24 Feb 2011 by Michael

1.0 out of 5 stars trite, recycled material
There is nothing outstanding about this book. It is, as another reviewer says, a bunch of findings from so-called research over the years, padded out by some rather vague extras.

an example of how the book fails to address anything substantial or deliver any real content:

It goes into the obsessive thinking style (along with numerous others - you...
Published 23 months ago by Jason Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing book!, 24 Feb 2011
This review is from: Thrive - the Changing Limiting Beliefs workbook: Health, Happiness and Success (Paperback)
I bought this book a few months ago as it was recommended by a friend. I felt very low at the time and completely lost as to how to work out the direction that my life would take me. I felt i had not control about any decisions and felt so powerless. I started going through this book a little at a time. I bought some different coloured high lighters and went through it bit by bit underlining and highlighting all the parts that were ME! i thought the book was written especially for me and couldnt beleive it. It made such sense of the way i was feeling but most of all WHY i was feeling the way I did. The most startling part of it was the fact that it was my thinking that was causing the problem and when i finally got that - I knew that I was the one who could change it. That insight was pretty fantastic. It nmeant i could have a life free from anti depressants, sorrow and poor choices. It really is quite unbelievable and very easy to read. Obviously there were some parts that were beyond me (limited education) but not as much as i alwasy thought. I understood it the more i read it. I will be telling as many people as i can to buy the book - even if it gives you some understanding as to how your mind ticks.
I think that the schools should be bringing this to the young children and educating them at an early age how there thinking affects their emotions and actions. It is quite staggering!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, transformational personal help book, 10 Mar 2012
I have been through the Changing Limiting Beliefs book and found it to be an extraordinary experience. It isn't really a self-help book (although it has many elements in common with that type of book), it's far more than that.

I found the book was most effective when using it like a course notebook for further education, in other words, you scrawl notes all over it, write comments in the margin, underline or highlight bits, stick post-its all over it, and so on. It isn't just a 'start on page 1, finish on page X' read, you have to work at it. For many chapters you really have to read them several times to 'get it'. And, as it says in the book, you absolutely MUST do all the exercises, it really won't help you nearly as much if you don't.

I found it was best to take my time with the book so I could really think about what I was learning and could practice putting it into effect; I took about 6 weeks to get through it all.

Rob Kelly takes you on a journey through your personality; how you think, why you think like that, and how you can change the way you think. For me, the most amazing revelation was that how I think, all my fears and anxieties and habits and hang-ups, are reinforced by almost unnoticeable daily behaviours that keep me the way I am. Break the cycle - Rob shows you how - and within a few days you are feeling, thinking and behaving quite differently... and for good.

By the end of the book you have the understanding, insight and tools to think differently about your world. At the start of the book Rob asks you to do some simple questionnaires that reveal key aspects of the way you are. Do them again at the end to see the difference that it's made; I found it a revelation!

I worked through the book with some 1:1 guidance from Rob himself, but you can do so on your own or with one of his many practising associates.

I have read many self-help and personal development books. Changing Limiting Beliefs stands head and shoulders above all the rest combined. What a stunningly effective piece of work!

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book.., 10 Nov 2011
This book has changed my life, I had a very high social anxiety and a very low self esteem, I constantly judged my self and was always worrying about what others thought of me. I couldn't think of anything worse than to talk to a crowd of people, couldn't give eye contact etc!! I found hypnotherapy 4 health online and rang up Claire who has been trained by Rob Kelly. I had four session with her as well as reading this book which is very interesting and rob is quite witty as well, its not a boring read at all and i learn a lot about myself and that i wasn't just born like this I could actually change my pattern of thoughts. I now don't even think or worry about talking in front of a group of people it just comes naturally.
I would defiantly recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 28 Feb 2012
I bought this book after suffering with depression & counselling not really helping me. Since reading this book & putting the techniques into practice I have been so much happier & now feel very positive about my future.
I would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Life Changing book!, 19 Sep 2012
I never imagined in a million years that a book could change my life so much. I purchased it mid August 2012, a point where I would say I had completely hit rock bottom. I had extreme anxiety, was very depressed, constantly tearful and was constantly worrying about EVERY single little thing that occurred. I contacted a hypnotherapist hoping to begin a course of treatment, but instead she recommended the thrive programme. I bought the book straight away and haven't looked back since. I worked through the book at my own pace and by chapter 5 I was already starting to feel better about myself. I completed the book yesterday and I am a completely different person to who I was, only a month ago. I am doing things that I never thought were possible-not only did I apply for a job (that I once would have thought "I can't apply for that, I'll never be able to do a job like that...") but I actually got the job too!! I feel a whole lot happier and more contented than I ever dreamed I could be. Now I've finished the book it is not going to sit gathering dust on my shelf, I'll keep reading and referring to it (Rob Kelly recommends this). I would not hesitate to recommend this amazing book, and my heartfelt thanks go to Rob Kelly for writing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that changed my life!, 15 Jan 2011
This book has quite simply changed my life!

I have been lucky enough to meet 'the man himself' Mr Rob Kelly and he is a truely inspirational guy. Luckily for all of you out there who want to change your own life and create the happy and successful life you deserve, Rob has provided you with the only tool you will ever need - Changing Limiting Beliefs.

This book is written in such a way that you are able to understand why you feel the way you do and learn what it is that is holding you back from creating the happy life you want - YOU!

When I first met Rob I had been suffering with 'depression' for almost 3yrs. I had been through numerous counsellors, given pills from the Dr and seen a life coach, and although I would feel better for a short period the depressed feelings and anxiety would always come back! I was beginning to believe that this was just the way I was, I was beyond help and I would live my life this way forever, I felt entirely helpless and in honesty would rather be dead; there's my 'limiting beliefs' right there!!

Rob said to me on our first meeting that in just 4 weeks I would not feel depressed anymore and even better I would never go back to that state of mind again. I must admit, I had my reservations (ooh, another limiting belief!!) but I was more than willing to go for it and see what would happen. And, unsurprisingly to Rob, I am not depressed anymore - I feel amazing! This book has undoubtedly saved my life, oops correction, I have saved my life through learning to manage my thinking and controlling my thoughts - all this came from Robs book - Changing Limiting Beliefs.

I dont even remember what those really bad days felt like anymore, to me now, it feels like those dark times were in another world and I am certainly never visiting there again, infact my new positive mind wont allow it!!

I have recommended this book to everyone I know, I'm not saying all my friends are depressed - far from it! But this book can help anyone with even a tiny phobia or lack of confidence issue. It will unlock a belief in yourself you never knew you had. You really can achieve anything you want in life, there is absolutely nothing stopping you - only YOU if you choose to let yourself be a barrier. Trust me, get this book and you will never look back!

I seriously cant recommend this book enough, it should be a compulsory fixture on everyone's bookcase and certainly as part of school curriculum!

Thanks Rob, keep up the great work!! x

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading is believing!, 18 May 2012
If you want to change anything in your life then this book is a MUST... Well, it worked for me and I have tried really hard for 5 months to recover from PVFS (Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome) after having a virus infection at Christmas.
The complexity of the human brain is immense. No wonder there are so many illnesses. The drug pushing doctors offer a vast array of medication for symptoms, yet, whether you actually need the medication in my opinion is debatable. Every visit to the doctor ended in a conversation about why I didn't want to take anti depressants. I did get down though, anyone who has suffered from or is suffering from PVFS/CFS/ME will understand why. But the point here is that I wasn't depressed and the only solution the doctor could find was anti depressants. This was very frustrating. I searched for answers and tried to understand what it is i need to do to recover and get my old life back. Again, anyone in my position knows how frustrating the vicious cycle of this illness can be as it feels like somebody has pulled the plug out and all of your energy is sucked out and drained into a dark sewer.
Upon reading the other reviews for this book i did think it was worth a try. I can honestly say, stop searching for other ways to recover and buy this book! With an open mind!
The simplicity of this book offers easy and memorable techniques to implement into your every day life. It may challenge your own beliefs, ideas and preconceptions but once I re-wired my thinking I became free from any symptoms and now feel in control of myself once again. The days of the dark sewer are over and I'm able to go on 5 mile walks and am starting back to work next week. Life is Great again after 5 months of misery!
This is my personal experience and I hope I haven't offended anybody with my opinions. I don't normally write reviews but felt compelled to do in this instance.
So, why wait when you can start challenging yourself and start living the life YOU want again. It's by far the best 20 i've ever spent and Rob Kelly if you read this, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Thrive' Rob Kelly, 19 Aug 2012
My daughter was suffering from depression due to bullying at school. We went to see Melanie Collings who is a fantasitc Hypnotherapist based in Ipswich, who helped my daughter using Rob Kelly's 'Thrive. Both the book and Melanie have had a huge and positive impact on us both. Our whole way of thinking has been completely re-trained, making us realise the reality in events and experiences, other than letting our negative inner voices take over. We have gained complete clarity and perspective allowing us to continuously feel happy, relaxed and confident. This will last a life time! We would urge anyone who is feeling unhappy and wanting help for anything to purchase 'Thrive'. It will completely change your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Mar 2014
Toronto, Canada - this is a review of the book, and the practitioner I went through the Thrive Program with, Daniel DesLauriers.

When I arrived on Daniel’s doorstep, I was exhausted, anxious, faintly hostile, and frankly, desperate. I am in my mid-thirties, and have been in one form of therapy or another since my early teens to try to ‘treat’ my daily anxiety attacks. I’ve wallowed in it all: talk therapy, CBT, mindfulness, yoga, cranial-sacral, naturopathy, guided visualizations, diet-changes, chakra balancing… the list is endless. I am a competent, professional, high-achieving woman in a demanding leadership role, who secretly popped Xanax and other medications just to get through another day. In the midst of my final round of withdrawal, when I couldn’t stand being inundated with brain zaps and drowning in every increasing anxiety, (and when I realized that I’d been with my former therapist for five years and we were re-hashing the same old stories and ‘solutions’ over and over) I called Daniel. It was a last-ditch attempt, a grasping at straws… and turned out to be the single most important step towards mental health that I have made in my life.
Last week I gave away every single self-help book I have collected over the years. I’ve stopped looking for something external to ‘save’ me, or ‘change me’ or ‘fix me’ or ‘cure me’. There was nothing wrong with me at all – except that I had more than a handful of misguided beliefs and poor brain/thinking habits, mixed with low self-esteem and an external locus of control. In simple terms – I was thinking myself into craziness, physical illness, and spirals of anxiety (because at the time, I didn’t know any better way to think!).
Once Daniel helped me figure that out through the tools in the Thrive Program, I’ve been able to stop the toxic thinking patterns, and also stop the physical and mental manifestations of anxiety, self-hatred, and catastrophic thinking. For me that means no more making it through the day with a public persona of competence, and falling apart every evening in frantic tears, working myself to the bone trying to ‘prove’ that I wasn’t as worthless as I was afraid everyone would find out I really felt inside. It means that I finally, fully, believe that I am an awesome person, worthy of the love that I receive from others – but more importantly, that I am worth loving myself. It sounds trite, perhaps.... but it feels, and is, lovely, and calm, and strong and solid and right.
Thrive wasn’t magic, or even particularly easy. I did the entire Program fairly slowly twice over eight months, because the first time through I ‘got’ it intellectually, but wasn’t really living it. After a break, I re-committed to the program, and lived the work. And now, anxiety is simply not a part of my daily life. I’m still me, my life is still challenging and real and messy and involved – only I’m not systematically torturing myself with my thoughts as I go through my days and nights.
I am profoundly grateful to Daniel for his coaching, mentorship, and compassion through this journey. He created a safe, encouraging, excuses-free space for me to process the Thrive program, and held me accountable for my own growth. Both he, and the program, are worth your trust and your time.
Sincerely,
Kristen

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years fatigue cured in 24 hours, 18 Aug 2012
Purchased by husband on Amazon after searching for books on Post Viral Fatigue and then sorting by best review. He had no expectation of success on purchasing but felt he had exhausted all other options. Over 3 years of post viral fatigue symtoms cured completely once he had worked through this book doing 1 chapter per day. It explained everything he needed to know about how his mind worked, what was causing the problem and most importantly what to do to fix it. Results were immediate after even the first session and he hasn't looked back in 6 weeks nor does he have any concerns that he will.

Thrive - the Changing Limiting Beliefs workbook: Health, Happiness and Success