5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, must have book for FM fans
This brilliantly witty, well-written and in-depth analysis of the Champ Man / FM series is a joy to behold for any fans of the game. It takes us from the early dark days to the current day multi-million pound franchise.

Published on 6 Nov. 2012 by Mr. S. Millatt

3.0 out of 5 stars Made me want to get Football Manager fired up on my laptop straight away
Good insight into the game and the extremes that some people go to. Next time I get to a cup final I'm definitely going to get my suit on...
Published on 30 Mar. 2013 by C.Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, must have book for FM fans, 6 Nov. 2012
Mr. S. Millatt "smillatt" (Port Stanley, Falkland Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Football Manager Stole My Life: 20 Years of Beautiful Obsession (Paperback)

Entertaining accounts and stories are provided by normal fans, scouts, software developers, celebrities and footballers alike. The numerous Tweets, anecdotes and real-life stories will keep you entertained for days (I couldn't put it down, and read it inside 2 days).

The book covers many fascinating chapters, including FM legends that never cut the mustard in real life (Tonton Zola Moukoko, Cherno Sama and the ilk) and other sections giving an in-depth analysis and user guide on training, tactics, scouting, contracts, youth policy, meeting the press, etc etc.

In summary, if you like the games, you'll love this book and a nostalgic warmth will fill warm your heart as you read each page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 5 Feb. 2013
Great read, it's inspired me to 're-start my old FM game! Only downside...no chapter on Supat Rungratsamee! Great player, great game and great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back so many memories of staying up all night playing this!!!!, 26 July 2013
I recently purchased this book and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised. Back in the day (summer 2002) I first began playing this game and became hooked ever since, so it was a real treat when I finally got this book. Reading about players like Ryan Williams, Stefan Selakovic, etc reminded me exactly why this game is such a phenomenon.

A MUST READ FOR ANY FM/CM FAN OR FOOTBALL FAN IN GENERAL!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Simply Brilliant, 13 Aug. 2012
Well i ordered the book as i love Football Manager. The book arrived this morning, and I'm Obsessed with it! I Havent put the book down since i got it, it tells you the ups and downs of experiences in the game and a lot of interviews with former legends of the FM Game. If anyone plays Football Manager, this is a MUST Buy. You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read in 2 days, 9 July 2013
As addictive as the game, a great book. Funny and nostalgic.
I finished it in two days. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 2 Nov. 2012
Light read or heavy read? A bit of lighthearted banter or a book showcasing the problems of an addiction?. This book is whatever you make of it. I too was once addicted to a little known game called "football (championship) manager". Needless to say I've put that lifestyle behind me, but I will forever be known as a recovering football manager addict. Haha. This book is quality, if you've ever played a football manager game past or present this book has loads of great stories from people who love the game and you'll be able to relate to absolutely everything written. Go buy it!!! - remember football manager isn't just a game .... It's a way of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!, 1 Nov. 2012
Even as a Championship/Football Manager obsessive I was skeptical as to how this book could capture my attention - especially coming in at over 200 pages.

How wrong could I be?

From the word go I was hooked, packed with hilarious tales, blasts from the past and factual information that any lover of the game will thrive on adding to pub conversations with their mates and lets be honest, we have all had those conversations..

Andy - Manager, Motherwell F.C, Four time SPL champ, Europa League runner-up 2018-19

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Footy Manager fans, 7 Dec. 2012
Football Manager Stole My Life is a must for fans of the game, young and old! The book is written by 3 genuine FM fans and contains some great stories of all those players you know and love from FM. For me, the best part of the book is finding out what happened to all these players in real life and hearing about the impact FM has had on their careers.

There's also some great fan fiction at the end of the book which had me in stitches.

Great Xmas present for fans of the game. Get it NOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for anyone who enjoys Football Manager, 17 Jun. 2013
My 14 year old son loves this book & keeps annoying me by reading me bits that he thinks I should know & by laughing out loud as he reads to himself!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not alone..., 13 Dec. 2012
G. Stockham (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
A nice mixed bag in this book. Some history of the production of the game and a "where are they now" of some of the wonderkids that never made it. I cringed at some of the stories of what lengths people go to when playing the game (thinking "I might have done that") but most of all, I realised there are others like me out there :)

Football Manager Stole My Life: 20 Years of Beautiful Obsession