5.0 out of 5 stars Portable audio version is great for when you're out and about., 22 Mar 2011
This review is from: Success is a Mind Game: How to Improve Consistency and Results in Golf and Business (Paperback)
The content within Steve's publication Success is a Mind Game (SiaMG) for Golf and Business is invaluable for golfers and non golfers alike and can be used in all aspects of life. The simple concepts Steve describes are easy to understand and very powerful and have shown results for me as a single figure golf handicapper already, within 2 weeks of starting to use Steve's techniques. I have been struggling for the last year, even though my handicap has fallen and I have spent a lot of time trying to build the best swing I can. I now realise that I actually do have a good swing when I repeat what I have learned rather than slipping back into old habits. I have been too preoccupied with swing thoughts, even if it's just one. The shots I managed to REALLY switch off on and just 'be' with were amazing, very long, great flight, on target chips and pitches, great length putts etc

I have the book version of SiaMG as well as the audio version though I haven't read the book yet, my friend too has the book and says it's a fantastic eye opener. Steve describes how to access our InFlow state of mind for peak performance and learning preferences in the publication relevant to business and golf. I personally like to listen to material and have found the audio version works very well for me. I have it on my iPhone and can listen to any chapter I like at any time. Steve's calm and clear manner on the audio version complements the content perfectly. What I find particularly useful on the audio version are Steve's recaps or learning points, for both golf and business, at the end of each chapter because you may not have the book to flick back through as a reminder. I just hope I don't wear out my iPhone earplugs with the frequency I play this version of SiaMG! Nice one Steve, thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success definitely is a Mind Game, 27 Nov 2010
I would thoroughly recommend "Success is a Mind Game". This book is an easy and interesting read and since reading it I have been putting into practice Steve's techniques on and off the golf course.

I always suspected that my golf game was suffering because of my mental attitude, how come everything was fine on the golf range but going totally to pot on the course. Steve's book has helped me to stop thinking too much about the actual mechanics of the golf swing whilst on the course and to focus more on visualisation. As a consequence I have seen a marked improvement of my scores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success is a mind game - Steve sharpley, 6 Nov 2010
I enjoyed reading "Success is a mind Game". The content is rich and easy-to-read. Steve reinforced my understanding of the three key principles necessary to quiet the mind, have the great attitude and access the peak performance. Steve shows with practical examples how to apply these fundamental principles on a day-to-day basis. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to see positive results in their business, sport and personal life.

Daniele & Yves Donfack,

5.0 out of 5 stars get better results more easily, 22 Oct 2010
Success is a Mind Game: How to Improve Consistency and Results in Golf and Business is a good read and does what it says on the tin - or cover. If you think that reading a book that makes you think about the way that you manage the way that you think and perform seems likely to be difficult, think again.

Steve has managed to set out a way to recapture some of the joy in learning things anew and identifying the preconceived negatives that we unwittingly take into situations with us and shows how you can do something positive with them.

I'm not a golfer but the examples in the book all rang true with my experiences in my working, sporting and personal past. I've had a number of better days, thinking, planning and meetings as a result of the advice. So I think it's well worth the investment and highly recommend it for anyone looking for better results with less effort and lower stress.

4.0 out of 5 stars Valuable insights for golf, business and life, 27 Sep 2010
Steve has written a valuable book for anyone wishing to "up their game" in golf, business and life. The principles he describes are simple, yet profound and therefore extremely valuable. Especially in this time poor world, who wouldn't appreciate insights which can truly change their life without tedious repetitive "work"? If you only read one book this year in your quest for self-improvement, this should be it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Success is a mind game - Steve sharpley, 27 Sep 2010
Richard W Knight (Hook, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I first met Steve through networking and he ran a taster session prior to a society golf day, and his approach was a breath of fresh air and put an alternative view on coaching.

When he mentioned he had written a book I had to buy it. Steve's approach linking business and golf is a fresh approach and it really does not matter if you are a golfer or not - the book can definately help you. I beleive that success in life and sport is really not a lot different but the way Steve links the two together is great.

I urge you to invest in this book and - as with any other book - if you only get one thing from it, it will have been worth buying - but I guarantee you will get more than one benefit from this book

Great job Steve. Wishing you all success with the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and thought provoking - excellent book, 27 Sep 2010
Steve's book has been of great value to me in both my business and personal life, making me think about how I react and deal with all sorts of situations. It has made me approach life in a much more positive way and this has been of great benefit. People like positive people! Thanks Steve!

5.0 out of 5 stars A testimonial for Steve Sharpleys excellent book, 17 Aug 2010
I read the book last week, couldn't put it down! It clearly had a profound affect on me! I played golf on Sunday and had the best round I have had in years and my husband also said that my tennis on Monday night is the best he has seen me play for a very long time.

Kelly Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent content, 13 Aug 2010
I just wanted to say that I have read your book Success Is a Mind Game and have to say that the content was truly fantastic. I have employed your Techniques with great effect both to myself and people I talk to on a regular basis. Understanding the concept has allowed me to improve my bussiness dealings with people and as an aside has improved my Squash game. I wish you every success with the book and will recommend it to everyone I know. --Colin Sinclair, Managing Director Vamp-it.net

Used & New from: 0.01