5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
Published on 18 Mar. 2011 by LD

3.0 out of 5 stars Less useful than expected
If you eat processed foods and takeaways a lot this book will be extremely helpful to you. However if, like me, you tend to cook from scratch using your own fresh and healthy ingredients, you probably won't get a lot out of it.
Published 13 months ago by Skylady

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 18 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Carbs & Cals & Protein & Fat: A Visual Guide to Carbohydrate, Protein, Fat & Calorie Counting for Diet & Weight Loss (Paperback)
Being a) diabetic and b) trying to lose weight, I found this visual guide to be amazingly useful, after all they say one picture says a 1000 words and this illustrates that wonderfully! Eveyone I've shown it to agrees that is is an extremely useful diet tool. For example, say, you have had a meal out you can more easily gauge the damage done by comparing the portion you had with that in the book.. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential dietitian resource, 14 Mar. 2011
I'd previously purchased the Carbs and Cals only edition but with the added fat and protein values this resource is proving invaluabe during all my consultations. For me, where it scores is being able to highlight the effect of fat and carb portion sizes on both blood glucose and weight control - short and long term.

There is a huge range of foods, snacks, drinks and meals covering all tastes and cultures. I've yet to not find something I needed.

A fantastic resource for both health care professionals and the individuals we see in supporting weight loss and glycaemic control.

Rarely a day goes by without me using it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great help for diabetics., 25 April 2011
Being a diabetic on insulin for 34 years means I have had to watch what I eat and quite often guess at the carbohydrate content. This book is a God send. It allows me to understand exactly what the carbohydrate content is and allows me to control my diabetes much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 29 April 2011
K. Atkinson (Lancaster, UK) - See all my reviews
I work in a GP surgery and one of my colleagues attended a course run by dieticians about helping diabetics with weight loss. This book was recommended as was its companion for diabetics. I bought it as since being over 40 I can no longer seem to lose the last half or 3/4 stone to get down to my ideal weight. The book is excellent - it shows the portion size of meals and how so many extra calories are consumed due to portions being too large. I have lost nearly 3Kg so far and have only been using the book for 3 weeks. I have since bought the Iphone app which means I can add the calories and carbs easily. Would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars carbs and cals, 12 Jun. 2011
What a great book! As a new Type 1 Diebetic I was really scared about the thought of having to work out my carbs every time I had to inject myself. With the portion and weights in this book it has been a great help.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great eating companion, 14 Feb. 2012
I love this book so much. It has a picture guide to how many carbs, calories etc are in our favourite foods. I have lost 4.5 stones with the help of this book. You can find all types of food and judge for yourself what you put in your mouth. It gives you various amounts of the food and you can still have those favourites without over doing it. Congratulations to the authors I think if more people knew of this book there would possibly be less obesity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 July 2011
I have been using this book with patients in my dietetic clinic, it is a great visual tool! It can really help you to see just how big/small your portions of every day foods are. I highly recommend this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, but has flaws....., 20 Oct. 2011
I've got two versions of this - plus the iphone app - and find it a very useful guide to carb. counting. However I question the values the authors have entered for some foods (e.g. porridge) which varies wildly with the nutritional advice on the manufacturer's packet (seriously underestimated), so I emphasise again - this is only a guide, not a precise tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for someone who have diabetes., 8 July 2011
Recommended from diabetes dietion, have helped my husband who is type 1 on insulin. can detail everything he eats! Also helps me on calorie counting diet! a picture in every page,a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book - All food groups and no more weighing!, 21 May 2011
Having been a diabetic for nearly 60 years this has to be the best book I've ever seen. It lists every type of food, not just the carbs in cakes and biscuits. I've been waiting for many years to have a reference book on the carbs in all fruit and vegetables! The food listings are excellent together with knowing the carbs, calories, fat and protein in each one. Plus no more weighing, you just refer to the photos. It was recommended by the dietician at my Diabetic Clinic and she gave it a great review too.