5.0 out of 5 stars One Copy Not Enough!
Just as the title of my review suggests you may need to buy 2 copies of this wonderful book.

I pre-ordered this from Amazon a few months before its release and knew what to expect being a fan of the authors previous work.

Published on 8 Mar 2011 by Alistair Mccann

3.0 out of 5 stars Cold reading
I wanted to love this book as I find the subject matter captivating. A decent introduction sets up what could be an interesting read but half a dozen pages in my interest waned. The problem is the repetition, photo after photo after photo of what eventually appear to be the same dilapidated buildings and deserted rooms. And that's pretty much it. Maybe this isn't aimed at...
Published on 30 Aug 2011 by T. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars One Copy Not Enough!, 8 Mar 2011
Alistair Mccann "Al McCann" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)

Within a week of the book landing on my doorstep my father had borrowed it, he in turn lent it to a friend who then lent it to his son who took it into school. In the end I cut my losses and bought another copy!

Anyone with even a passing interest in the Cold War or Military History will love this book, it is full of facts and fabulous pictures with the author going into just the right amount of detail without treating the reader to a painting by numbers style account which many other books on this genre seem to do.

A very well researched and and superbly written book, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word - Superb, 21 Jan 2011
Liam Oxford (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed reading this well researched book, completing it in one evening (quite some achivement for me....) I couldn't fault it at all, it contains glorious colour pictures of Britains Bunker Cold War heretage, from front to back of so many previously hidden sites.

If this subject is new to you, buy this book, even if you are not a new "hand", still buy this book - I feel it is that good.

Just one question, when is the next volume published??? ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A high quality publication, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
Well done Nick Catford for recording these fantastic structures for the nation. Your dedication on visiting, researching & photographing these buildings is astounding. The book is brilliantly illustrated throughout with high quality photographs which unfortunately show the dilapidated, vandalised state of these historical bunkers. A highly recommended book which complements Second world War Secret Bunkers

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling and fascinating, 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
As a child of the Cold War years, I have a mixture of excitement, nostalgia and anxiety about anything relating to nuclear armageddon.

This book very matter-of-factly takes you through a tour of the UK's cold war era bunkers, and it really is fascinating.

Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Researched Book, 5 Mar 2011
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
Members of Subterranea Britannica have long known of Nick Catford's brilliant photography and encyclopaedic knowledge of cold war bunkers. Now everybody has the opportunity to enjoy this fascinating subject.
The book is superbly produced and printed with a host of previously unseen photographs accompanied by descriptive text that shows the author's knowledge of this subject.
This book will become an authoritative reference work as well as a superb read. After reading through it non-stop I now pick it up and choose a particular chapter to read in depth.
One of the advantages of having an expert compose his own photographs is that the photographs show what will be of interest to the reader rather than "general" shots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Historical books, 15 July 2013
D. reynolds "grumpy" (u.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
This book is right up my street,i.e.knowing what went on without us knowing about it.Facinating reading,although a tad pricey but I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bunker freeks!, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
I've been into old war history for years,probably stemming from my father who was an RAF pilot in the last war and being ex-forces myself and my son current forces.I'm especially interested in the many concrete structures around the country,so this book was a must.
Very interesting..if you are into this sort of thing,and fascinating when you realise how close some of them are,i myself passed some regularly with not that much knowledge.
specialised book so is a little expensive as will not sell to a mass market,but that's just what you have to pay
Folley books who it came from were brilliant,especially after the regular problems we have with couriers not trying to look for our house properly(we are awkward to find,but not impossible!!) Folley's kept us up to date with everything,and if I am ever near to them,will pop in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold War Bunkers, 19 Dec 2011
N. Catford - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
I think this would make an ideal Christmas present for a loved one or for yourself. Heavily illustrated on high quality paper. I guess I am probably biased as I wrote it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret Places, 2 Sep 2013
D. M. Purvis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
A comprehensive look at what is inside those strange structures built during the cold war. The photography is uniformly good - some of taken in what must have been very challenging circumstances. This book is recommended to anyone with in interest in this era, in ubderground structures, secret places or who wonders what becomes of such places when converted for other uses, vandalised, or simply left to decay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing collection of images and history of UK Bunkers, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cold War Bunkers (Hardcover)
Quality photos, well researched, could have added a little more detail about the bunkers which are now open to the public.

Cold War Bunkers
Cold War Bunkers by Nick Catford (Hardcover - 15 Nov 2010)
24.99