Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 July 2011
Perhaps a better title for this book would have been something like: Property Investing - the Truth and the Best Way to go about it. A lot of people have gone into property investing (either on their own/with friends/family or via some so-called property guru) thinking that it offered a fairly easy and simple way to wealth only to come badly unstuck. Reading this book will tell what it is really all about and it will tell you what you must do if you are to be successful. My advice is don't invest in property until you invest in yourself by STUDYING this book and then get yourself properly prepared - it will pay massive dividends.
on 22 June 2010
I recommend anyone interesting in going into property to have a read of this. These guys through property investing are multi millionaires. They specialise in HMO's and sell franchises, however this book isn't just about HMO's (houses multiple occupancy) or their franchises it's actually very useful in general if you're looking at investing in property. He refers a lot to the Rich dad Poor Dad book by Robert Kyosaki (another top read) and since I've read his book too I've found other inspirational property books and they all seem to be linked.

This sounds a funny things to say but the pages in it were very good quality paper (no I'm not a paper connoisseur :) however I mention this because throughout the book I used a highlighter to highlight prominent phrases and interesting points, which would normally seep through the flimsy paper usually in books, it didn't in this. So it's helpful to flick back through and pick up highlighted phrases and paragraphs.

Reading this book changed my life. Doing my 5 year plan (something I've never done before) gave me a clarity about my life that up until this point I never had. Since finishing my girlfriend experience escorting work I've been in limbo and unsure what to do with my life. However now I know exactly what I want to do and I am working my way towards my goals. Yes it had a pretty drastic effect on me, but I'm not sure other will find the same lol :)

This book is motivational, inspiring and easy to read. Highly recommended :)
on 8 July 2011
"It frustrates me talking to people who have started investing in property and made some really basic errors that have cost them a huge amount of time and money - bad decisions they can't reverse."

You can tell they mean the above statement; the book impressed me with its down to earth approach, everything is explained clearly and simply in a way that anyone can get to grips with.

Helpful book for those interested in property and business - some hard learned principles and lessons from people that have been there and done it, made mistakes and come through the other side with the intention of helping others making the same mistakes.
on 8 July 2011
I completely disagree with the review by Pidgurskiy Andriy - I found the book to be very informative and thought the addition of free resources provided by the Authors on their company website was very generous and a thoughtful and wonderful gesture. I've found the resources to be invaluable, 5 stars all round from me!
on 5 August 2012
I have read lots on property investing and investing in general. The book has little content that you can't get for free online. I would go as far as to say that the content isn't new just recycled.

There are a few points that are misleading, misguided and could lead you down the wrong path.

If their PPP franchise was so good, then they would have people lining up to get involved and pay the high fees they demand.

There are better investing books out there, so stay clear.
on 12 May 2012
Full of useful tips and info but a little heavy on peddling their own property company and its services (get a mentor, get knowledgeable partners, etc.).

Lots of sound advice but maybe designed to highlight their services even if indirectly. However, still worth buying if you can see past this.
on 24 January 2013
Really enjoyed this book and as a beginner it was easy to follow, well structured and kept my interest well. Probably not suited to the experienced property investor/developer but for those just starting then it is a sensible read!
on 16 March 2011
When I first saw the title of this book I thought it must have been written about me!

I met Steve and Nick at a small business and franchise show in London having already made mistakes in property. I took away a copy of The 7 Biggest Mistakes Made by Property Investors and it really opened my eyes about how to build a really high cash flowing property business.

With Steve and Nick's help and the strategies in this book I am now well on my way to becoming a very successful property investor.

As other reviews have mentioned though this book is not just about a property investment strategy or property business but can also really change the way you think.

This book sits proudly on my bookshelf alongside books by some of the most respected authors in the business/wealth and mindset field.
on 12 January 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. During the book Steve very openly shares with the reader his story, including some of his biggest mistakes in business. It is written in a very friendly and easy-to-read style guiding you through some of the pitfalls that many novice (and some experienced) property investors make.

Many reviewers feel upset and suggest that this book just pushes the reader to the authors' property course. It does come down to the reality that we each create for ourselves but I did not feel this way at all.

Firstly, there is genuine value in this book. Covering more than just the subject of property investing, the reader is also encouraged to consider their approach to wider business and personal life. It is not 'Rich Dad Lite', nor does it try to be. It just highlights the fact that property investing is part of a bigger picture and your personal ethics code and continued personal development should never be overlooked.
Yes it may cover things you have heard before, but the book never dwells too long on a point and of course it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

A second core message from the book is that we can all benefit from guidance and mentorship. From the most fresh-faced novice, to the seasoned pro, there is probably someone out there who has experienced all you have and much more, and while life offers you no shortcuts, everyone can benefit from `standing on the shoulders of giants'. Yes Steve and Nick offer such guidance and mentorship, but at no stage do they suggest they are the only ones, just AN option.

I felt that reading this book was a great investment of my time, and would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about starting in the world of property investment.

Finally, it surprises me that no-one has mentioned that all profits from this book are donated to Peace One Day... a very worthy cause.
on 26 September 2012
First off let me declare I'm a bit biased ... in real life Nick Carlile invested in ActionCOACH, the World's Number 1 Business Coaching Team, to help develop his business.

That said if only for the explanation of why you should never sell a UK property, it's worth buying; I've met with Nick and he has a genial gift for explaining complex matter in a concise and easy to understand way. For anyone who is going to buy an investment property in the UK, I'd say buy and whiz through this and 3 other books before you buy:

The Property Coach

The Real Estate Coach (Instant Success Series)

Property Magic: How to Buy Property Using Other People's Time, Money and Experience

For the sake of thirty quid and a bit of time - how does that compare to the price of ignorance?

To your success,