5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read.
I loved this book I will read it again it is evocative and gritty. Some reviews ive seen are so unfair and probably posted by people that have no idea how to interpret this story of a man's love of motorcycles and the ups and downs of life. It is two books in one as it switches between his trip around britain and how his life spanned out from early childhood to present...
Published 14 months ago by stephen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it seems.
Very disappointed with this book. I was expecting a travel book but instead the majority of this book is an autobiography covering his childhood, how he didn't get on with his neighbours, how many central heating systems he's fitted, holidays in America, his unsuccessful attempt at running his own business and how tough it was in the old days. All very well and good, but...
Published on 15 Dec. 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Living the Dream, 18 April 2011
This review is from: Pack Your Bags and Get Out! (Paperback)
Excellent book, read through as soon as i recieved it, i actually know the Author as he is a member of our Motorcycle Club, reading this book so much reminded me of when i was growing up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, although i am a Londoner & circumstances were probably slightly different i came from a big family & Motorbikes were a big part as well. loved the way Dave referred back to his childhood now & then as it opened up the book to more than Motorbike Enthusists, will probably be enjoyed by anyone born & bred from the 50s upwards, Well Done Dave Brilliance in Writing & Loved the Detail, have recommended to all my Mates as a Great Read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Enjoyable !, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Pack Your Bags and Get Out! (Paperback)
I received this book as a stocking filler for Christmas from my wife who seems to have the knack of buying really good motorcycle travel books that grab my interest. I'm a biker, owned Jap' bikes and Harley's and now on to the Beemers, often heading off on trips away too. I'm a married man with kids and although I enjoy reading about the really exotic Adventures and Journeys I can only dream of (Africa,Asia, Route 66 etc), I enjoyed this book because Dave intersperses his own family life with tales of past motorcycles and adventures, while undertaking his current journey around the rain lashed UK. In my view this book is for anyone who loves motorcycling, but must juggle their passion with family life or other commitments. Those of us who can't take months off work, to adventure bike around "Machu Pichu", and feel envious of those that can, will take comfort in reading about Dave's life journey too and realise how precious our time behind the handlebars can be ! Great read. Well Done.

5.0 out of 5 stars pack your bags and get out, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Pack Your Bags and Get Out! (Paperback)
well what can i say about this book ? buy it, read it, enjoy it, because i did.
the way this man tells his story is incredible i could not put the book down the storys of his life interspersed with witty
one liners captured me completely from a man of the same age as me i take my hat off to him a damn good read and
i will be reading it many times again. i have had a plan to do what he did on the drawing board for a while now and this
has made me more determined than ever as the title states PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET OUT !
roll on the summer !!! by the way so as not to spoil it i love the ending !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars pack your bags and get out, 28 May 2012
great read. you can tell that he knows about bikes the way that he describes the rides themselves. vn is a great bike to pick on for his journies.
descriptions are well thought out and written out.
you can tell that he loves his bikes and travel, not as big as going around the states, but for those of us that cannot afford the usa he"s done brilliantly in britain.
wish i was him, but i think the missus would kill me if i got up to just half of what he"s managed to do.
so, overall , a really enjoyable book. well done, write another..............

4.0 out of 5 stars Bringing back Memories, 11 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Pack Your Bags and Get Out! (Paperback)
I found this a great read. But mainly because I am a biker of almost exactly the same age, and also grew up Near Manchester so found it a very nostalic read.
A bit more detail on the coastal journey I feel would have broadened the appeal of the book, and the inclusion of a few photo's and a basic route map would also have been good. But all said and done, a good read Thank you .
Mike Whitworth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Pack Your Bags and Get Out! (Paperback)
This is a really interesting, good book. It brought back a lot of memories of how life was in the not to distant past. The youngsters of today would'nt believe some of it and certainly would not relate to some of it either. I would say it is a book about life, not just motorcycles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
Enjoyed it

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Dec. 2014
good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2014
good read

3.0 out of 5 stars Average read., 5 Aug. 2011
Just finished this "Adventure" book but although entertaining in parts, in my opinion nowhere near enough written about the actual motorcycle trip, in fact much more detail was given about 3 holidays in America than motorcycling. So although I finished it I was a bit disappointed, maybe I just missed the point.

Pack Your Bags and Get Out!
Pack Your Bags and Get Out! by David Clarke (Paperback - 29 Dec. 2010)