5.0 out of 5 stars Pack your bags
I've read a lot of 'Biker' books and this is by far and away the best i've read. What makes it special is that it's an ordinary book written by an ordinary biker. The best advice i could give anyone, biker or non biker is read this book. Thanks to Dave I'm planning my own round Britain trip. Cheers, Dave, great book.
Published on 26 Jun 2011 by AndyT.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it seems.
Very disappointed with this book. I was expecting a travel book but instead the majority of this book is an autobiography covering his childhood, how he didn't get on with his neighbours, how many central heating systems he's fitted, holidays in America, his unsuccessful attempt at running his own business and how tough it was in the old days. All very well and good, but...
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, 3 July 2013
A book that puts you right along side the author on his travels and the ups and downs of his varied and full life. Good one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyment, 17 April 2013
Great read hard to put the book down I liked the way there in went from now to back in time to the good old days

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy read, 8 April 2013
Nice read but "filled" out at the end with the tales of travelling the USA as if trying to attain a max word count before submission. Other than that an enjoyable read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't capture my imagination., 25 Feb 2013
Some interesting facts from around Britain but I expected a full book on David's round the coast ride, not half a book of reminiscing. Disappointed that Scotland was dispensed in a chapter and the ride from the boarders to Scarborough covered in a paragraph! The book passed the time but didn't capture this readers imagination.

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't quite pack my bags., 6 Feb 2013
I bought this while suffering a sleepless night. I'm a biker born and bred so I'm always looking for something new to read concerning two wheels. I found the writing style confusing as it constantly hopped between the present (as written) and the authors past.

I enjoyed it but I found the constant past referrals took all the steam out of the narration of his journey.This required a brain re-jig every few paragraphs. In hindsight this needs to be two books, one about his formative years and one solely dedicated to his round Britain trip. His passion for his machine (not my choice for a trip like that, but each to their own)is obvious. Get a good bike and as the miles pile on it becomes inexplicably bonded to every fiber of your being. Some bikers never feel it, others couldn't bare not to feel that way. I yearned for more detail about the trip, the sounds,sights,feelings and when it was looking promising the detail ended. For me, although I was with Dave every mile, page after page, I just didn't feel as if I had taken the trip with him, and that ultimately is the books weakest point. Its a great effort but I didn't feel the urge to do a trip of my own.

I really hope Dave does another trip. Now we have his life history out of the way he can concentrate on more detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 30 May 2012
More of an autobiography than a travel story. The trip round the UK is a bit of a rushed trip although with plenty of interesting facts about the various places he traveled through. The tale of the journey is alternated with the author's rather interesting life story which many people of a certain age and who grew up in similar circumstances will identify with. Very well written and at times very poignant reminders of the trials, tribulations and even rewards of living through our age.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 2 Jun 2011
M. Lisney (UK) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this read as I felt it gave a perfect insight into the mind of a biker fanatic and family man who juggled to balance the two loves of his life, bikes and family, written with humour and honesty.

The book itself is full of his journey round the coast of Britain on his beloved Vulcan and the people he met on his route all carefully crafted into his words, but it is also a book about his life and love over the years.It is woven with interesting insights into life in the 50'sand 60's through to the modern era.

A real must read for anyone bike fanatic or someone who enjoys real life stories, not gossipy show business tat.

Have recommended to friends already!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pack Your Bags and Get Out - An Excellent Read., 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Pack Your Bags and Get Out! (Paperback)
This book is simply an excellent read. Well done Dave. It is a book for all. Biker, nonbiker, male, female, young or old, it really does not matter.

Lynda enjoyed this book thoroughly and her idea of a bike is a push bike. She would rather walk to the ends of the earth than travel a few miles as pillion. However, in this case she had great difficulty putting the book down, and all this from a person who is very demanding in her reading matter.

The book has equal amounts of adventure, nostalgia and humour, and plenty else for good measure. There is lots of relevant information to maintain interest, without being 'bogged down' with too much detail.

As a frustrated biker (Mike has no bike at present) Mike has enjoyed this read so much, that a new bike has become a priority on his 'wish list'.

If we didn't know better, we would have thought that Dave had been writting for years.

Once again Dave, well done. Come on now, hurry and get that second book written. Mike and Lynda will deffinately be buying a copy. In fact we will order in advance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living the Dream, 18 April 2011
This review is from: Pack Your Bags and Get Out! (Paperback)
Excellent book, read through as soon as i recieved it, i actually know the Author as he is a member of our Motorcycle Club, reading this book so much reminded me of when i was growing up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, although i am a Londoner & circumstances were probably slightly different i came from a big family & Motorbikes were a big part as well. loved the way Dave referred back to his childhood now & then as it opened up the book to more than Motorbike Enthusists, will probably be enjoyed by anyone born & bred from the 50s upwards, Well Done Dave Brilliance in Writing & Loved the Detail, have recommended to all my Mates as a Great Read.

5.0 out of 5 stars pack your bags and get out, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pack Your Bags and Get Out! (Paperback)
well what can i say about this book ? buy it, read it, enjoy it, because i did.
the way this man tells his story is incredible i could not put the book down the storys of his life interspersed with witty
one liners captured me completely from a man of the same age as me i take my hat off to him a damn good read and
i will be reading it many times again. i have had a plan to do what he did on the drawing board for a while now and this
has made me more determined than ever as the title states PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET OUT !
roll on the summer !!! by the way so as not to spoil it i love the ending !!!

Pack Your Bags and Get Out!
Pack Your Bags and Get Out! by David Clarke (Paperback - 29 Dec 2010)
7.00