on 29 August 2011
This book is superb and full of very useful information for the hobbyist amp builder and indeed pro. The author has in my opinion been able to give the right amount of theory and math coupled with a very good explanation of the various circuits, there are some very useful tips in there. I suspect a few of the designers of the comercially built amps is reading this book right now! So when can we get the book on power amps?
on 13 August 2013
This book is pure gold.
Just the right amount of detail and an engaging writing style make this an excellent source for the skilled amateur amp builder. Some prior knowledge is necessary as would be expected at this level.
The only down side is the printing: some of the diagrams have optional components in faint print, this is sometimes invisible in my copy.
Well done Merlin, more in this series please.
on 30 September 2013
One of the best books You can find if You are into designing your own
tube amp.
Not for beginners, but intermediate and even advanced builders
will enjoy reading such an nice and informative book.
on 27 March 2013
If you want to make your own tube sound this is the book for you. It opened my eyes to how much can be done to get a great sound and also how even today valve amp makers rely too heavily on HiFi design.
on 7 January 2016
I came to know a little more in my hobby field.
Very nice.