5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight!
Published on 8 Feb 2010 by S. Nanwani

Published 9 months ago by Kaj Björkhagen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight!, 8 Feb 2010
S. Nanwani - See all my reviews
This review is from: Three: The Ultimate Student's Guide to Acing the Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge (Paperback)
I completed my IB last year, having gotten an A in my extended essay and a B for TOK (giving me all 3 points) largely due this guide. its short enough to be read in a day or two, but I found myself going back for advice every time I worked on the EE/TOK. If you are struggling to meet your EE deadlines, I would highly recommend this. Only drawbacks: slightly repetitive in some places, and doesn't really address the TOK curriculum.

4.0 out of 5 stars beats expectations, 20 April 2009
Having taught the TOK program for several years, I was skeptical about purchasing the book and the purpose it claimed to serve. Overall I must admit that it is a very well written guide that IB students should be encouraged to read. The advice is practical - so practical that teachers forget to mention it.

My only warning with regards to the TOK section is that this book is by no means a replacement for a ToK textbook. Although the tips in the book are unique, you will struggle unless you have some ToK material. The Extended Essay section on the other hand is basically all you need to read if you want to write a grade A Extended Essay.

1.0 out of 5 stars Over priced Rip-off, exploiting anxious and desperate students., 9 Jan 2014
I bought this book out of a desperate attempt to get some guidance on how to do my Extended Essay for the IB programme, hoping to get some good inspiration and perhaps some valuable guidelines and insights. However what I ended up with was an incredibly short book filled with obvious statements that anybody could find out by looking in the FREE guide offered by the IB. The book "reveals" almost nothing already known by any IB student, except perhaps the idea of doing an EE in mathematics and to avoid language subjects (the mistake I ended up making personally).

I think this book is a clear example of an attempt to rip off desperate and gullible and naive students who are looking for a quick fix to their IB problems. This book should be at most 4-5 pounds. The fact that it costs what it does in outrageous. What is even more laughable is that I paid it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Aug 2010
This book is good. To the point. And perhaps is the key to maximising your 3 possible points. But I think it is a bit too expensive overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars informational but, 12 Dec 2011
I had read the reviews for this before i ordered it for my daughter. It has practical information but mostly information you must know already. The whole book takes about two hours to read. My daughter may refer back to it over the next year but it will not be an "essential" guide. The four stars are because it tells the story from someone who has recently completed the IB but I feel its over priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comments from an IB teacher, 1 July 2010
Kenneth V. Muller (Antwerp-Ekeren, Belgium) - See all my reviews
Mr. Zouev's book is spot on and written in very student-friendly language. The advice and tips he provides are indeed helpful to students who wish to improve their chances of higher scores. Zouev makes tasks that so many students find daunting quite approachable, and therefore, equips them with confidence to tackle the tasks rather than to avoid them until the last minute. It is very cool that a successful high school graduate took the initiative to compile this very useful and practical guide.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit obvious, 27 Dec 2013
I bought this for my daughter but she found it all a bit obvious. For other students who are less aware of the IB marking criteria it may be more useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bill Irvine, 9 Sep 2009
I have never been a great student, and actually dropped out of school at the age of 18 because I found the IB Course to be too difficult. I worked as a janitor at Sasha's school until the age of 25, and happened upon his book one day. It was clear, concise and extremely well written, and gave me the courage to go back and get my IB qualifications. With the help of Sasha's book I scored very highly overall. I am now attending Harvard University, studying economics. All I have to say is, this man changed my life. He is my saviour, my saint, and not to mention he's sooooo super cute (he looks like a bear). I would give this book 'Three' thumbs up if I had three thumbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Zouev You Are My Idol, 20 April 2009
Mr. P. McCloskey (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is the Bible of IB, after buying and reading it my teacher said I should be taking the class.

Incredibly helpful and written sooo well

Alexander please release some more!!

1.0 out of 5 stars One out of three for three, 19 July 2009
Dr. M. Farrington (England, UK) - See all my reviews
Written by an IB pupil for IB pupils, this "guide" is a sensible attempt to pass on useful experience to other pupils. It is easy to read - takes about 40 minutes to read the whole thing - and makes good points about choice and discipline in these two core areas; exactly the sort of thing that teachers say to pupils. BUT, it is vastly overpriced and not good value for money.