4.0 out of 5 stars Passionate and sincere, 30 July 2009
Airiini Suld "Airiini" (Estonia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Birthkeepers ~ reclaiming an ancient tradition (Paperback)
Passionate and sincere expression of experience - worth of true acknowledgment! Very informing, at times so moving that tears of joy flow like river :-) Lovely stories of birthkeepers. Helps to remember what once was forgotten. Should not be taken word for word though, as each individual has own unique path of life. For example I got so fixated with the ideas shared, that when I went through with my own birth experience, which was not exactly as I had planned, I fell into remarkably intense depression episode. When I was again able to really listen to my inner voice, I understood that nothing in our lives is met by chance - all has its purpose and we have a choice to think loving thoughts, no matter what comes up. I think that the real message behind this book is to remind us that we have an inner voice that we can always trust, if we choose to listen of course. Thank You, Veronika!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing amazing book, 1 Dec 2013
It was the most wonderful and empowering book.
To be read by all women that need to connect with themselves and especially in the case of being pregnant and needing female strength and support. I have read it twice and my boyfriend loved it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars If only...., 14 Aug 2013
DoYouHaveItInGreen (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
If only every pregnant woman could read this book and understand the biological and universal truths it contains. If only every woman could take these words and reclaim the faith in her body and her baby which our society has become strangely divorced from. If only every pregnant woman could take courage and empowerment from Veronika's words and feel the freedom their power offers. If only every medic could read this book and realise that they have no place in biologically normal birth and that their role in how society views and understands 'safety' has been hyper inflated in quite a dangerous way. If only all of these things... then more babies would be born with freedom and more women would become mothers with the true power of undisturbed birth as part of their legacy to hand to their daughters and sons. Society would change. The world would change. And all for the better.

The Birthkeepers ~ reclaiming an ancient tradition
The Birthkeepers ~ reclaiming an ancient tradition by Veronika Sophia Robinson (Paperback - 11 Jan 2008)